GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Antivirus software"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/12/04 at 15:26
Regular
Since installing Norton Antivirus 2004 on my PC, it has slowed right down, even doing the simplest tasks.

Does anyone know of a free, less system intensive antivirus software I can use instead?

I've got an Athlon 1100, with Windows 2000 and 256MB RAM - which I know is a low spec, but upgrading isn't really an option.

Cheers.
Fri 03/12/04 at 23:19
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Try disabling auto protect as that scans every single file you access. If you scan every file you download then auto protect is not needed at all.
Fri 03/12/04 at 17:26
Regular
Cheers for the info, have just downloaded the free version to try it out.
Fri 03/12/04 at 17:26
Regular
"Pwned"
Norton Antivirus does slow your computer down like hell, try using MacFee
Fri 03/12/04 at 16:46
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Yeah, i used to use nortons, and its the best i know of finding viruses and repairing, but its too slow for proper use with a computer. A big downside.

My subscription happened to run out, so i used AVG for a while, and found it so much better, it's free, it has easier update abilities, its fast, very small in file size, and loaded faster.

Its alot better then nortons.
Fri 03/12/04 at 16:38
Regular
"NULL"
AVG 7.0
Fri 03/12/04 at 15:26
Regular
Since installing Norton Antivirus 2004 on my PC, it has slowed right down, even doing the simplest tasks.

Does anyone know of a free, less system intensive antivirus software I can use instead?

I've got an Athlon 1100, with Windows 2000 and 256MB RAM - which I know is a low spec, but upgrading isn't really an option.

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.