GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Great Console War (returns)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/05/01 at 09:09
Regular
The almighty console war included some of the best fleets in the land including the SS Nintendo and the SS Sega. Before going to war Nintendo went and built another ship with the help of a ship builder called Sony. After working all week on the little monster Nintendo decided they couldn’t be assed and left. Sony on the other hand had other ideas and continued with this super ship and sure enough the SS Playstation was ready to be launch.

All 3 ships set sail ready for battle Sega was expected to come out on top and Sony was expected to fall. How wrong people were Sony fired a little warning Shock at the SS Saturn and it started sinking nearly from the off, The SS Playstation then launched an attack upon the SS 64 Lucky for Nintendo most of the shots missed but Nintendo was in a panic and stupidly underestimated the power of the Playstation.

Nintendo seemed doomed and sure enough a killer shot was fired and Nintendo started sinking, Nintendo had to keep their ship afloat whilst fighting off the might of the SS Playstation. Nintendo looked doomed who was to save them? All wasn’t lost the SS Rare came along and equipped with a new weapon the called Goldeneye, Rare’s intervention didn’t save Nintendo merely kept them afloat and Playstation was still the hot favorites. Every attack Nintendo launched Sony did one better but what Sony didn’t know was that Nintendo was building a new weapon one which they had spent over 3 years making called Zelda. Zelda managed to pull Nintendo up from the definite defeat to knew hope but that didn’t worry Sony.

A weapon known as Final Fantasy appeared and sure enough Nintendo was on the slippery road to utter defeat. But Sony could not comprehend what was to happen next as the SS GBC popped up, A small ship that shook the world over 10 years ago was back and armed with the strongest weapon ever seen, known as Pokèmon. So the tides changed and Nintendo’s fleet made up of Rare and the 64 and the Gameboy finally looked like a force to be reckoned with. Sony tried to follow in Nintendo’s footsteps and the Pocket Playstation was born unfortunately it was quickly shot down.

The battle raged and Nintendo continued to grow and so did the Playstation until that is Sega returned. The SS Dreamcast was ready to kill; armed with the best weapons and the most amount of power the Dreamcast was sure to over throw Sony. But the SS Dreamcast had one major flaw. After the sinking of the Saturn some of the crew deserted Sega and so the SS Dreamcast was under manned which was to bring its downfall. Sony had redesigned its ship, smaller and better it was now known as the SS Playstation one. This Ship though was only there for a short space of time when the SS Playstation 2 a big, bad ship even better than the Dreamcast and was preparing to defeat Nintendo.

Most of Nintendo deserted the 64 and Rare and the Gameboy were forced to hold together against the SS Playstation 2 and one. Sure enough Nintendo were going down what could possibly save them now? Well the Nintendo deserters hadn’t left no instead had built a new super powerful ship known as the SS GBA. What a shock this delivered to Sony and Nintendo were becoming bigger and bigger. News had leaked out that Nintendo had another ship ready to be launched known as the SS GC. Sony was now worried.

Far far away in a stormy island stood a man on the beach, he wore glasses and had a goofy hair cut. The man stared across the ocean and smiled saying to himself “I will be there soon”.

Dringo
Sun 13/05/01 at 15:11
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
*points and laughs*
Sun 13/05/01 at 15:07
Regular
Wa huh it is a GAD attempt you are correct. If i was desperate though i'd be on all day.

(do you think he's noticed i've been on all day)
Sun 13/05/01 at 14:55
Regular
"You've upset me"
*laughs as Dringo feebly tries to side-step his statement*
Sun 13/05/01 at 14:55
Regular
Desperate? It is a story tonnes of people right stories. It is a GAD attempt though you are correct. I want PKMN G/S stadium! and i'll do anything to get it.
Sun 13/05/01 at 14:53
Regular
The PS3 was miles away though in the mean time Nintendo was preparing to fight off the existing Playstation ships and as always nintendo will have another ship up their sleaves but Nintendo aren't stupid enough to out sell there reacent ship by announcing another.
Sun 13/05/01 at 14:49
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ummmmm... I'm not sure what everybody else thinks but in my view this is a desperate GAD attempt...
Sun 13/05/01 at 14:47
Regular
If i didn't say here's to the future

i wouldn't be who i am

I prefer that to thanks for reading

Here's to the future

Dringo
Sun 13/05/01 at 14:35
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
...but then into the ranks of onlookers came news of a terrifying, pulstaing black box known only as the gscube. Nintendo were sending out rumor-torpedoes left right and centre but it was no use. People found out that the Playstation 3 was coming...
Sun 13/05/01 at 14:23
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
Heres to the Future... burn the cheese and microcr@p *spits*
Sun 13/05/01 at 14:20
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
ssxpro wrote:
> At least he didn`t say "Heres` to the future". Feel the
> cheese.

Thanks a lot ssxpro, I now have hundreds of people lining up outside my house, wanting to 'feel the cheese'.

No, I am not enjoying it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.