GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The next James Bond to be black!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/12/04 at 15:37
Regular
Bookies fear something fishy is going on - after a string of punters backed Colin Salmon to be the first black James Bond. Ladbrokes suspected a sting and have halted betting after they took six bets of up to #500 each in just an hour.The odds plummeted from 20-1 to 6-1.

Colin, 42, has played M's right-hand man in the last three Bond films and could be the first black 007.

A Ladbrokes spokesman said: "In the past 24 hours we have had a number of inquiries about Colin Salmon being the next Bond.

"We have been forced to close the book for the time being," he told The Sun.

He added: "In a one-hour period on Tuesday afternoon we took six bets of up to #500 each which are huge sums for what is really a novelty wager.

"Three people opened new accounts with us to place the bets. The usual wagers on this type of thing are #10 and #20.

"We are inclined to believe there is something fishy going on and there are spies out there who know more than we do."

The identity of the new Bond has been shrouded in secrecy and various names including Dougray Scott, Ewan McGregor and Colin Farrell are all in the frame.

The role has previously been played by Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan.

WHOOOO!!!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
Thu 02/12/04 at 17:09
Regular
"Not a Jew"
A black James Bond? That would suck.
Thu 02/12/04 at 16:53
Regular
"Catch it!"
I think it will be cool and a different change for james bond and it might be better.
Thu 02/12/04 at 16:00
Regular
English_Bloke wrote:
> But not him, he's mildly overweight and not really that attractive. He
> looks too much like Howard from the Halifax ads.

He's hardly even mildly overweight...But I wouldn't want him as Bond, because it would undermine his role as Charles Robinson in the last 3-4 Bond films.
Thu 02/12/04 at 15:52
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I think Colin Salmon could be pretty good as the next Bond, failing that, Dougray Scott is the man for the job :D
Thu 02/12/04 at 15:51
Regular
I think they should stop the Bond films altogether, they all seem to be the same these days.
Thu 02/12/04 at 15:47
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Um...that's ok.
Thu 02/12/04 at 15:46
Regular
English_Bloke wrote:
> How does that work? Just because I'm a bloke doesn't mean I don't
> know when another bloke is attractive.

I was joking, and it was nothing personal, sorry.
Thu 02/12/04 at 15:45
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Ha, you wish.
Thu 02/12/04 at 15:45
Regular
"Twenty quid."
English_Bloke wrote:
> How does that work? Just because I'm a bloke doesn't mean I don't
> know when another bloke is attractive.

Look, I'm not sleeping with you and that's the end of it.
Thu 02/12/04 at 15:43
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
A$H wrote:
> English_Bloke wrote:
> But not him, he's mildly overweight and not really that attractive.
>
> But your a bloke, so your opinion on whether hes attractive or not
> means nothing.

How does that work? Just because I'm a bloke doesn't mean I don't know when another bloke is attractive.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.