GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TNA's gone...and so soon!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/11/04 at 20:34
Regular
From Prowrestling.com

Bad news has just broke for fans of TNA in the UK area. "The Wrestling Channel" in the UK has just announced they are dropping TNA programming on their station. The following was posted on their official website. (http://www.thewrestlingchannel.tv/)

"We have been unable, as yet, to agree new terms on the carriage of the TNA shows from early December. We have had constant comments from viewers on the nature of the delayed feed, and agree with the fans that this is an unacceptable delay, given that WWE is on a considerably shorter time lag on Sky Channels. As such, we will not be broadcasting TNA in the future until we can agree new terms which gives the fans a better deal. Dec 8th will be the last "first-run" episode."

In addition to this there are now rumors making the rounds that Panda Energy, TNA's financial backer, have pulled the plug on the promotion. No official reports are backing this rumor and I personally haven't heard any truth to the rumor, but it's certainly possible. The rumor goes that TNA have been given 90 days to find a new backer or else. Bob Carter is rumored to be willing to sell his stock of TNA to anyone who is willing to buy it.

We'll have more news on these stories as we get them.

---------------------------

Damn shame but I agree with TWC...the 6 month delay is bull****.
Wed 01/12/04 at 21:42
Regular
Cong_Man wrote:
> Reefer wrote:
> Shame TWC was so disgustingly out of date...
>
> Not really, as I'd rtaher watch 6 month old TNA, than the current
> product before it got over-run by the likes of Hall, Nash and
> Jarrett...

TNA's actually been pretty good lately. The name of their faction is cringe-worthy, though - The Kings of Wrestling.
Wed 01/12/04 at 17:26
Regular
Never watched it before so luckily I don't know what I'm missing :)
Wed 01/12/04 at 12:42
Regular
"..."
Reefer wrote:
> Shame TWC was so disgustingly out of date...

Not really, as I'd rtaher watch 6 month old TNA, than the current product before it got over-run by the likes of Hall, Nash and Jarrett...
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:26
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It does seem like TNA want a bit of money out of this and TWC was never going to front up.

Also, Panda Energy - pulling the plug. Nice... :)
Tue 30/11/04 at 20:55
Regular
Shame TWC was so disgustingly out of date...
Tue 30/11/04 at 20:50
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Bah. Hopefully they'll agree on a new deal. I liked TNA. :(
Tue 30/11/04 at 20:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
As long as GAEA keeps getting shown i'm happy :-D
Tue 30/11/04 at 20:34
Regular
From Prowrestling.com

Bad news has just broke for fans of TNA in the UK area. "The Wrestling Channel" in the UK has just announced they are dropping TNA programming on their station. The following was posted on their official website. (http://www.thewrestlingchannel.tv/)

"We have been unable, as yet, to agree new terms on the carriage of the TNA shows from early December. We have had constant comments from viewers on the nature of the delayed feed, and agree with the fans that this is an unacceptable delay, given that WWE is on a considerably shorter time lag on Sky Channels. As such, we will not be broadcasting TNA in the future until we can agree new terms which gives the fans a better deal. Dec 8th will be the last "first-run" episode."

In addition to this there are now rumors making the rounds that Panda Energy, TNA's financial backer, have pulled the plug on the promotion. No official reports are backing this rumor and I personally haven't heard any truth to the rumor, but it's certainly possible. The rumor goes that TNA have been given 90 days to find a new backer or else. Bob Carter is rumored to be willing to sell his stock of TNA to anyone who is willing to buy it.

We'll have more news on these stories as we get them.

---------------------------

Damn shame but I agree with TWC...the 6 month delay is bull****.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.