GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Capability of DVD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/05/01 at 20:48
Regular
DVD is the next generation of home movies but how many Discs do you have that make full use of it's capability,probably not many.Some DVD's have angle options,subtitles,commantary's and all them making of and trailers.

I've seen so many DVD's which are exactly the same as the video except with scene selection.Why can't we see more like the terminator and gladiator dvd's which i though were fantastic.

The Terminator was remastered with it's sound into full 5:1 and the picture quality was eye rubbing,i couldn't get over how they took this low budget but classic film of the early 1980's and remastered it into an amzing DVD.

Why do so many dvd's just come out on disc with slightly better quality of vhs and no extras,some don't even have english subtitles.The opertunity is there and they really can be something special.
Are the producers of DVD just lazy??
Sat 12/05/01 at 20:48
Regular
"Back For Good"
DVD is the next generation of home movies but how many Discs do you have that make full use of it's capability,probably not many.Some DVD's have angle options,subtitles,commantary's and all them making of and trailers.

I've seen so many DVD's which are exactly the same as the video except with scene selection.Why can't we see more like the terminator and gladiator dvd's which i though were fantastic.

The Terminator was remastered with it's sound into full 5:1 and the picture quality was eye rubbing,i couldn't get over how they took this low budget but classic film of the early 1980's and remastered it into an amzing DVD.

Why do so many dvd's just come out on disc with slightly better quality of vhs and no extras,some don't even have english subtitles.The opertunity is there and they really can be something special.
Are the producers of DVD just lazy??
Sat 12/05/01 at 23:30
Yes

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.