GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not the future, but still great! (Mega Drive dedication)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/05/01 at 13:01
Regular
The Sega Mega Drive is a console that I will always remember, and because I own one, I doubt I’ll ever get tired of playing. As sad as it may seem, I tend to play on my Mega drive more than on my newest machines, but to be honest I don’t care! Games like the original street fighter are brilliant fun – especially with 2 of you with a couple of hours to kill, and although the games do look really outdated – being just 10 years young now, they manage to play as well today as they ever did. I’m seriously into retro gaming, and I think the Mega Drive is the best console, certainly the most successful Sega console, to be released.

It used to cost around £150 in the shops, but now obviously you’ll be condemned to a second hand or third hand dealer where you could actually get on for less than a £10 I think! Who could decline a Mega Drive and a couple of games for less than a supposedly ‘classic’ PlayStation game? The Mega Drive came in two forms – a Mega drive 1, and imaginatively, the Mega Drive 2, which looks smaller and better.

Have a serious think next time you decide to buy a game – maybe you could get yourself a realer cheap Mega Drive – far better than the SNES and better than any single game, at this price. Metal Slug is a classic the strike series games were brilliant, and the Sonics? Amazing! Far better in 2D graphics than 3D!

Get a Mega Drive there is no hype so you won’t be a fool to get one! A tenth of the price of a PS2, and you can have yourself a classic entertainment machine. ‘Streets of Rage’ is another top game by the way, oh and the original Echo the Dolphin is brilliant!
Sat 12/05/01 at 13:01
The Sega Mega Drive is a console that I will always remember, and because I own one, I doubt I’ll ever get tired of playing. As sad as it may seem, I tend to play on my Mega drive more than on my newest machines, but to be honest I don’t care! Games like the original street fighter are brilliant fun – especially with 2 of you with a couple of hours to kill, and although the games do look really outdated – being just 10 years young now, they manage to play as well today as they ever did. I’m seriously into retro gaming, and I think the Mega Drive is the best console, certainly the most successful Sega console, to be released.

It used to cost around £150 in the shops, but now obviously you’ll be condemned to a second hand or third hand dealer where you could actually get on for less than a £10 I think! Who could decline a Mega Drive and a couple of games for less than a supposedly ‘classic’ PlayStation game? The Mega Drive came in two forms – a Mega drive 1, and imaginatively, the Mega Drive 2, which looks smaller and better.

Have a serious think next time you decide to buy a game – maybe you could get yourself a realer cheap Mega Drive – far better than the SNES and better than any single game, at this price. Metal Slug is a classic the strike series games were brilliant, and the Sonics? Amazing! Far better in 2D graphics than 3D!

Get a Mega Drive there is no hype so you won’t be a fool to get one! A tenth of the price of a PS2, and you can have yourself a classic entertainment machine. ‘Streets of Rage’ is another top game by the way, oh and the original Echo the Dolphin is brilliant!
Sat 12/05/01 at 15:02
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
i prefered the snes with the original mario cart and zelda:a link to the past
Sat 12/05/01 at 15:06
Regular
Not to mention Donkey Kong Country, the greatest platformer ever.
Sat 12/05/01 at 15:08
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
...and the original pilot wings and street fighter 2
Sat 12/05/01 at 16:13
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
aye... I found the SNES SF2 (especially the turbo edition) to be more enjoyable than the MD varient...
Sat 12/05/01 at 16:47
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I still like the SNES a bit! Anyway isn't this Future of Gaming...aw well who cares!?
Sat 12/05/01 at 20:40
Regular
"Randomly Appearing"
viva la SNES
viva la Mega Drive
viva la resistan...

death to microsoft
Sat 12/05/01 at 20:43
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
DanDaGr8 wrote:
> viva la SNES
viva la Mega Drive
viva la resistan...

death to
> microsoft

Re-viva la Dreamcast!
Sat 12/05/01 at 20:44
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
DanDaGr8 wrote:
> viva la SNES
> viva la Mega Drive
> viva la resistan...

> death to microsoft

Incidentally, my microsoft-hating website's motto is viva la resistance
Sat 12/05/01 at 20:47
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
turbonutter wrote:
> DanDaGr8 wrote:
> viva la SNES
> viva la Mega Drive
>
> viva la resistan...

> death to microsoft

Incidentally, my
> microsoft-hating website's motto is viva la resistance

Lol!

:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.