GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NAPSTER WILL LIVE"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/05/01 at 12:59
Regular
Don’t close Napster down because Napster doesn’t want to be shut down! Decline in sales in the music industry? I don’t think so – the record labels claim they are being ripped off by Napster when the truth is they are the ones being the greedy pigs – offering contracts to bands like 60:40 revenue in favour of the record company! It’s disgusting, and then at the price of which the CDs sell for, it wouldn’t surprise me if the music industry changed a great deal within the next few months.

Napster gives everyone the chance to find a song that they might not otherwise have had the chance to find, and so they can then go away with an impression of an artist, group or band that they may not have first thought were good, but then do after hearing a download, and decide to buy the CD because it’d take ages to download every track, and I still believe CD sales will rise if Napster is allowed to continue – I wouldn’t mind even paying a subscription fee of something like £7 a month for unlimited downloads – that’d generate enough for the industry! As if they aren’t rich enough.

It’s about the music – if you’re setting up a group, or if you have already then go on Napster – put it on and watch your counts fly through the roof. That’s the way to get a career in this business. Napster helps, not hinders. Let it be.
Sat 12/05/01 at 12:59
Don’t close Napster down because Napster doesn’t want to be shut down! Decline in sales in the music industry? I don’t think so – the record labels claim they are being ripped off by Napster when the truth is they are the ones being the greedy pigs – offering contracts to bands like 60:40 revenue in favour of the record company! It’s disgusting, and then at the price of which the CDs sell for, it wouldn’t surprise me if the music industry changed a great deal within the next few months.

Napster gives everyone the chance to find a song that they might not otherwise have had the chance to find, and so they can then go away with an impression of an artist, group or band that they may not have first thought were good, but then do after hearing a download, and decide to buy the CD because it’d take ages to download every track, and I still believe CD sales will rise if Napster is allowed to continue – I wouldn’t mind even paying a subscription fee of something like £7 a month for unlimited downloads – that’d generate enough for the industry! As if they aren’t rich enough.

It’s about the music – if you’re setting up a group, or if you have already then go on Napster – put it on and watch your counts fly through the roof. That’s the way to get a career in this business. Napster helps, not hinders. Let it be.
Sat 12/05/01 at 20:40
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
There are lots of versions of napster at the moment, some you can pay for some you get free but you get the same service wherever you go, sad and a rip off but true. The thing to do is to download napigator or Navigator, sorry my resourse isn't strong enough, i'll have to check it out later. This download lets you choose the server you want to use, including the ones that havn't had all the good artists filtered yet! goody.
Sun 13/05/01 at 01:25
Regular
I use Audiogalaxy. Its pritty cool and u can reconnet any of your downloads if they get disconnected or somthin.
Fri 01/06/01 at 13:46
One I've jsut heard of and started using is Limewire - go to www.limewire.com and download software there. No filtering, not as quick as Napster.
Fri 01/06/01 at 13:49
Thing is, people with good internet connections use it to download entire albums, not to just get a taste of it
Fri 01/06/01 at 15:20
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Yeah, download the entire album and send the band £2, because believe me, that's more than the band themselves would usually get from their CD being sold in the stores.

/Steve
Fri 01/06/01 at 15:33
Regular
"Great Scott's"
At the moment there are less songs on napster. For example when i typed in Radiohead, it came up saying no songs found!
Same happened when i typed in REM.
But now people are changing the name of the band, for example REMM for REM, Radiohe@d for Radiohead!
Sat 02/06/01 at 09:22
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I thought they had already filtered all those 'spelling' mistakes out of Napster. Napigator is a very good piece of software, completly free and easy to use.
+ why bother sending the band £2 when you download their album? it's free for you, and if they uploaded their songs or album onto the site then they obviously don't want the money, and just because you sent them £2 doesn't mean that if the same royalties court case pops up again they're going to say, "well, one kid sent us £2 when he downloaded our album".
Most of the people I know that download songs from MP3 sites usually buy the albums or singles from the shop anyway so they can listen to them in their cars and home
Hi-Fi's, so all the artists that think they're loosing money from these things are badly mistaken.

e.g. I don't know if anyone reads the letters on the Napster forums, but one small group sold about 3 CDs a month, after uploading their album onto Napster they sold an average of 10 CDs a week!

I don't know if thats true but it sounds about right.

+ has anyone got or used an MP3 portable player?
Sat 02/06/01 at 23:06
i had napster then all of a sudden it never ever let me sign in so i got slighly pi***d off and deleted it cos i have very limited space on my hard drive

good point im off to look at the maxx pcs mmm lovely ...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.