GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Outlook / Email / MSN problems"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/11/04 at 14:33
Regular
"the burning sky"
Right, only today has this become a problem, MSN wont let me sign in, but was working perfectly last night. I needed to send an email, so I thought I can use Outlook, as an account is still set up with Freeserve/Wanadoo on there. Which I also use quite regularly. Tried to Send/Receive my emails, "Could Not Connect to Server". Something is wrong, and I cant even use my web-browser (Firefox) to get to my Hotmail account. I've scanned the system for Viruses and Spyware. Nothing found. Since I've installed nothing recently I can only assume its a problem with my ISP(?) We normally have problems with them, but nothing like this. Any ideas? Thanks.

Would've posted in Webdez but I'll probably get more responses here.
Sun 28/11/04 at 12:35
Regular
"wow look at me go"
haha my msn works and so does hotmail maybe it just dosn't like u
Sun 28/11/04 at 12:33
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Have had the same problame for 2 months. DUnno about Outlook, don't use it but MSN and Hotmail are fecked
Sun 28/11/04 at 12:29
Regular
"wow look at me go"
i only have one thing to say get rid of Freeserve/Wanadoo and get something better and ff duh thats just rubbish hope this has helped love ?
XXX
Sun 28/11/04 at 12:27
Regular
"the burning sky"
Apparently not sorted. If I connect thro' Outlook Express, everything loads up fine. Yet if I connect when loading up Firefox, everything goes weird. It also refuses to work on the computer next to me also using Firefox. I'll check the other comp using IE later, just to make sure it isnt FF messing me about. Seems a liitle strange this is happening, was working fine on Friday, and I havent installed anthing since then.
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:57
Regular
"the burning sky"
All sorted now. It was a shock when MSN signed in. Now off to buy all the stuff I need to get :P
Sat 27/11/04 at 16:17
Regular
"the burning sky"
All the errors I'm getting are 'The operation timed out when attempting to connect to ...." in Firefox and Outlook, and then the standard MSN Messenger error.
Sat 27/11/04 at 16:12
Regular
Are you getting the message:

"http://randomwebsite cannot be found. Please try again later"

??
Sat 27/11/04 at 16:10
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Tomoose wrote:
> Oh and Timmargh what was with the *ahem*?

I was stating the obvious.
Sat 27/11/04 at 16:07
Regular
"the burning sky"
Nor can I get to the Firefox Update page... tis getting annoying now.
Sat 27/11/04 at 16:02
Regular
"the burning sky"
Paradox: wrote:
> Ntl?

No, Freeserve/Wanadoo. Problems with this connection have occured before. During the beginning of this year we had a few weekends where the dial-up connection was really poor, and some weekends when it didnt connect at all.

Oh and Timmargh what was with the *ahem*?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.