GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what's the best music magazine to read?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/11/04 at 20:51
Regular
I've been trying various ones recently but I can't seem to find the right one.

I tried Q but it's too list-based, too formal, the cool people they interview seem to really hate them and it's just pretty uncool.

And then i tried NME, which is better but it's one of those things that is fixated on the idea of being cool to the point where it's not actually cool cos it just tries to be cool. (As in, 'The Cool List' issue, and the severe amount of being sucked up to that Carl Barat and Pete Doherty receive)

So what then? Any suggestions?
Sat 27/11/04 at 20:39
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> NME must burn. Seriously, put the magazine down now and read internet
> sites and ANY other mag. Except all of them. I've never found a
> decent music magazine, because they can never hold all the stuff you
> want to know. And NME suck.

Your not just like some dreary 'I hate trendy people and anything that doesn't involved death groan groan groan' kinda guy though are you?
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:04
Regular
"SOUP!"
Cosmo Girl.

Wait.
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mizz Teen Hits Explosion (of) Sugar
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:02
Regular
"SOUP!"
Metal Hammer is a really good read.

Top of the Pops mag is pretty cool too.
Sat 27/11/04 at 17:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
NME must burn. Seriously, put the magazine down now and read internet sites and ANY other mag. Except all of them. I've never found a decent music magazine, because they can never hold all the stuff you want to know. And NME suck.
Sat 27/11/04 at 17:41
Regular
Meh, looks like I'll stick to NME then, at least I can keep informed and stuff, plus they do feature some interesting news.
Fri 26/11/04 at 21:10
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I'd say that all the music magazines are pretty bad. I could only reccommend kerrang.
By the way I know I just contradicted myself but err....shutup!
Fri 26/11/04 at 20:51
Regular
I've been trying various ones recently but I can't seem to find the right one.

I tried Q but it's too list-based, too formal, the cool people they interview seem to really hate them and it's just pretty uncool.

And then i tried NME, which is better but it's one of those things that is fixated on the idea of being cool to the point where it's not actually cool cos it just tries to be cool. (As in, 'The Cool List' issue, and the severe amount of being sucked up to that Carl Barat and Pete Doherty receive)

So what then? Any suggestions?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.