GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jimmy Eat World"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/11/04 at 23:18
Regular
"Blade of Grass"
Does Anyone Out There Like Jimmy Eat World? Talk To Me~!
Sat 04/12/04 at 12:15
Regular
*Highly Excitable* wrote:

>
> You'd hope so, wouldn't you?
>
> Bring back "The Middle", I say.

Nooooo! Bleed American was popular punk in the vain of Blink 182. Blink are great but JEW are not Blink.

Kerrang reviewed clarity and declared it "gave punk a reason to cry" and I totally agree. A superb album of emotions. Superb, brilliant, excellent. Clarity is by far one of my most favourite albums of all time.

Static Prevails (their first album) and their EP's are alright but nothing amazing... most of the EP's just feature different versions of the songs on the albums. Recently downloaded the Firestarter EP, was good.

Anyway back to Bleed America, the album had moments of sheer genius, MY Sundown, My house and Hear You Me are three of the best songs they have ever penned. But the Middle, sweetness and salt sweat suger, although very good and very popular songs, they are hardly JEW.

When I heard Pain I liked it but slightly disappointed that it wasn't more like their work on Clarity which is softer more moving music. But when I bought the album I was overjoyed that Pain was an oddity, one of the only songs that seems to be like anything from Bleed america. Nothingwrong comes close. There is nothing wrong with these songs, I'm glad JEW have included some more popular jumpy tunes. But I'm delighted to see the true sequel to Clarity.

I recommend Futures to everybody.

"Kiss me with your cherry lipsticks, never wash you off my face, hit me I can take your cheap shots, leave you with the love we made"
Thu 02/12/04 at 21:38
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I prefer, what're they called, erm, Funeral For A Friend, that's it.
Thu 02/12/04 at 21:35
Regular
I'm gonna get that album soon.
Wed 01/12/04 at 22:22
Regular
"Blade of Grass"
ya if you listen to the whole album through, you'll notice that it starts out talking about how great the relationship is, and how they have a great future, but then she starts doing drugs and it gets meaningles... hence, Night Drive and 23.
Tue 30/11/04 at 19:53
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
eye'Aoe wrote:
> Mathews wrote:
> you guys been playin thug2 by any chance
>
> Or maybe they'd heard of them pre-THUG2... Which considering how big
> they are, is very likely.

You'd hope so, wouldn't you?

Bring back "The Middle", I say.
Tue 30/11/04 at 17:03
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Bleed American was good in places (if incredibly cheesy in others), but I never got into Clarity... Dunno, maybe I just haven't listened to it enough... Heard a few tracks off the new one, but only in the background at a mates...

Meh.
Tue 30/11/04 at 15:18
Regular
CDouch wrote:
> Yeah, but I listened to their latest album at work the other day and
> wasn't too impresses. Maybe it's a grower.

Futures is a superb album, harking back to the days of Clarity with a little of what they learned from Bleed American.

Didn't know it told a progressive story actually.

Interesting.
Tue 30/11/04 at 08:28
Regular
"\\"
Mathews wrote:
> you guys been playin thug2 by any chance

Or maybe they'd heard of them pre-THUG2... Which considering how big they are, is very likely.
Tue 30/11/04 at 03:39
Regular
"Blade of Grass"
I didn't say that there's never been a progressive album before, I said that I LIKED it, you moron
Mon 29/11/04 at 18:52
Regular
"Catch it!"
their wicked jimmy eat world

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.