GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MY LAST POST!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/05/01 at 21:51
Regular
With AS level exams looming, and an ever increasing pile of work, I will be giving up GAD for the time being (maybe making a few short appearances during school lunch breaks!). Especially important to consider is that, with only 2 weeks till exams, we still have some work left to be taught! Oh dear!

In addition, I am porganising a HUGE charity gig in Stratford. For legal reasons I cannot say which band we currently have pencilled in as a head liner (sufice it to say that they have toured with Limp bixkit and are on the Mission Impossible 2 soundtrack!), however, if anyone is around the warwickshire/stratford area and is interested in coming to a gig on 30th June (all for charity, and with some excellent bands!), email me at [email protected] It's right after exams don't u know!

Anyway, back to the books...

Ah well, life goes on! So good luck to all those in my position, and I look forward to returning after the exams with my new name :)

SonicRav will return
Mon 14/05/01 at 19:46
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
V. Good point... but seeing as I wanna get into Oxbridge (or the like) then these exams really do make the difference!

Sonic

Goatboy wrote:
> It's not like they aren't useful, I just havent utilised much of the
> exam qualifications I have.
To my name, I have

13 GCSE
3 A
> Level

And they havent been any kind of influence in the way I've
> lived since leaving schools.

I think placing 15/16yr olds under
> that amount of stress is unbelievable.
That time of life, you are
> supposed to make choices and take exams that could affect the rest
> of your life, but who knows at that age what they want to
> do?

Seems a stupid amount of stress to place teenagers under and,
> unless you have a clear career path at that age, you never know
> where you'll end up 10yrs later.

Mon 14/05/01 at 14:23
Good Luck to everyone with exams, Ive just finished mine and so I know what its like!

Concentrate on the Exams for now, you can always come back to the games later.
Mon 14/05/01 at 09:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's not like they aren't useful, I just havent utilised much of the exam qualifications I have.
To my name, I have

13 GCSE
3 A Level

And they havent been any kind of influence in the way I've lived since leaving schools.

I think placing 15/16yr olds under that amount of stress is unbelievable.
That time of life, you are supposed to make choices and take exams that could affect the rest of your life, but who knows at that age what they want to do?

Seems a stupid amount of stress to place teenagers under and, unless you have a clear career path at that age, you never know where you'll end up 10yrs later.

Mon 14/05/01 at 09:37
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
hmmmm.... lie on your CV... not a great idea for ucas forms where ucas do all the ghrading directly!

Sonic
Mon 14/05/01 at 09:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Exams.

I remember them.
How I fretted over my Latin, Math, Geography, Geology.

And, over 10yrs since I took them, I realise that practically none of them are of any use, haven't really utilised those skills since exams and doubt I will.

So relax and realise that it's what you learn instead of what you know that counts out in "the real world" whatever the hell that is.

Never needed algebra, have survived not being able to work out the speed of a train based on it's departure time and length of journey, have never ever needed to apply the subjunctive plu-plural tense of any latin phrases and have never, not once, at all, in any time whatsoever, been able to apply my thesis on autocratic regimes in 15th century England and the effect on governing bodies.

So, do the exams but remember:

It's a test of what you remember, not what you know.

Do badly and it's not the end of the world.
Nobody has ever asked to see my exam certs, so you can lie on CVs.

Hurrah for deception and evilness.

Goatboy
Mon 14/05/01 at 08:11
Regular
"not dead"
Permission granted! ;-)
Sun 13/05/01 at 10:39
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
So true that I have still not left! Please give me permission!

Meka_Dragon wrote:
> I'm afraid you can't leave SR, SR, as I have yet toreceive your
> Holiday Authorization Slip.

No one leaves here without my say
> so.

Except Dringo and Mr Dark, they're welcome to leave whenever
> they like. ;-p

Good luck with the exams Sonic!
Sun 13/05/01 at 09:12
Regular
Shut the hell up meka actually you took the words rightr out of my mouth (about Mr. annoying erm i mean Dark). Exams is only temporary so we will probably be on for ages when they are finished.

Can't wait
Sun 13/05/01 at 08:07
Regular
"not dead"
I'm afraid you can't leave SR, SR, as I have yet toreceive your Holiday Authorization Slip.

No one leaves here without my say so.

Except Dringo and Mr Dark, they're welcome to leave whenever they like. ;-p

Good luck with the exams Sonic!
Sat 12/05/01 at 13:32
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
strange how the man who made the topic, er-no, beat sonicrav 4-0!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.