GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Zelda"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask'.
Thu 23/12/04 at 21:21
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Just want to hear your thoughts on the new Zelda game that will be released next year.
Fri 24/12/04 at 20:49
"period drama"
Tphi wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> And what will the 'theme' be?
> I can't really think of anything they haven't already done
>
> They've done.. Time (more than once), the Seasons, Wind, Musical
> Instruments, the Elements.. I've probably missed some.

Light and Dark, Big and Small now ... and probably some more too.
But I'm sure they'll think of something.
Fri 24/12/04 at 20:47
"period drama"
Gollum wrote:
> The Rito are evolved Zora's apparently....The Zelda timeline is so
> confusing.

But why would the Zoras need to evolve after the world flooded?
They should have been having the time of their lives.

Ah well - I still want both in there. The Rito would look very, very nice in the new graphics, I'm sure.
Fri 24/12/04 at 20:00
Regular
"thursdayton!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> And what will the 'theme' be?
> I can't really think of anything they haven't already done

They've done.. Time (more than once), the Seasons, Wind, Musical Instruments, the Elements.. I've probably missed some.
Fri 24/12/04 at 19:42
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
The Rito are evolved Zora's apparently....The Zelda timeline is so confusing.
Fri 24/12/04 at 18:41
"period drama"
The name makes me moist.
'Twill rule, I have no doubt. I only wonder which Hyrule races will be in it - hopefully Zoras and Gorons will return to us, and the Ritos were cool enough to deserve another inclusion (although who'll get to live at the top of the mountain?)

And what will the 'theme' be?
I can't really think of anything they haven't already done ... but, then again, does it really matter? Maybe it'll just be your traditional adventure + fighting evil lark.
Fri 24/12/04 at 14:03
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Exactly, it's an uphill climb for them but they can do it. Surpassing OOT- The Greatest Game of All Time™ should be a target.
Fri 24/12/04 at 13:50
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Gollum wrote:
> and ensure that it atleast surpasses Ocarina of Time.

Easier said than done :P
Fri 24/12/04 at 11:33
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
A long time coming I'd say for this game...well it is certainly a long time coming since Ocarina of Time, as Wind Waker was too much sea fare orientated to be quite honest.
With this one we have open land, hopefully (going by screenshots) miles of draw distance, an Ocarina of Time 'type' extended go anywhere approach and of course keeping the soul and essence of the whole series alive. But they must keep it feeling and indeed looking like Zelda.

We don't want boats do we? Heck we had enough of them in WW, we have a horse again at long last. Thank god for the horse. I think Nintendo will shine with this one, if they spend the time and dont succumb to releasing it under pressure to get it on the shelves when it isn't ready, they have to be on to a winner.

Let's face it, the Zelda series is something Microsoft or Sony does not have and Nintendo realise this. They should really knuckle down and ensure that it atleast surpasses Ocarina of Time.

Only time will tell and with the small batch of screenshots, i think everyone- multi-format gamers and all,bar the few childish fanboys, are confident that this will be unbelievable. It has to be.
Fri 24/12/04 at 10:18
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm as eagerly awaiting this one as much as any other person with a GameCube in their bedroom, but... How, exactly, are you going to "hear" our thoughts from this on-line message board-forum thing?

;)
Fri 24/12/04 at 00:16
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It all looked great to me :S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.