GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"9800 PRO problem."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/11/04 at 15:39
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Iv been out and brought a 9800pro last week and it basically doesn’t work, it was crashing out on games with the latest catalyst drivers so I took it back and got a cash refund, now this Saturday I saw another one and I had the money so I went and got it. With this one VPU recover kept kicking in and when I disabled it the whole pc froze. Messing around with the bios and settings for ages, at around 2pm I decided to turn it down to 4x AGP, hay presto it works fine, well not fine, stable. Does any one know if this is the graphics card itself or the motherboard? I have my suspicions that it is the motherboard a cheap PCchips M848A. What do you lot think?
Sun 21/11/04 at 22:10
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
I'm sure it wont, my granddad is popping over the shop tomorrow to get one whilst I go to school so I should hopefully have it tomorrow. I just hope that it will run at 8xAGP now, if not the card is going back.
Sun 21/11/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Bicycle"
Meh, they won't dissapoint.
Sun 21/11/04 at 21:43
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
I’ve just realized that it only had 333fsb I have a 3200+ and the one up from that’s 20 pound more which I cant afford after spending 250 in the last week so it looks like a Gigabyte for me.
Sun 21/11/04 at 21:30
Regular
"Bicycle"
AHA!

Best PSU ever: (and my one) Tagan TG480-U01.

480W. Excellent rails. Pure class.
Sun 21/11/04 at 21:21
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
If you have an AMD, I'd definately recommend the NF7 or NF7-S (not the new cutdown version!). I'd also suggest you perhaps check your PSU and check you have a decent wattage, and possibly make, as trying to run a Radeon9800Pro on less than 350Watts can cause restarts, instability etc.
Sun 21/11/04 at 21:12
Regular
"Bicycle"
Oh, if you say so.
Sun 21/11/04 at 21:08
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Coin wrote:
> Little thing called typo.

No, loads of people type "brought" every single time they mean "bought", because they're idiots who don't realise that they're completely different words.
Sun 21/11/04 at 21:06
Regular
"Bicycle"
Does it have everything you want?
Sun 21/11/04 at 21:06
Regular
"Just ram it in!"
Nah, I just suck at literature. What about the ABIT NF7 only 7 quid more?
Sun 21/11/04 at 21:02
Regular
"Bicycle"
Little thing called typo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.