GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First Time Ever!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/05/01 at 18:37
Regular
Today I had an operation in my mouth because of the way my teeth had grown. So this morning, before I left the house to go to the hospital, I thought I mihgt need my Gameboy Color for the trip back.

During the operation, I had my mouth numbed and bits of my gums removed followed by some stitches which I couldn't feel at all til now and it hurts!!! However, whilst my face and mouth were still numb I had to catch a horrible, smelly Cardiff Bus home. Anyone who has ever been on a Cardiff bus will know how bad they are!

Anyway, I got out my Gameboy Color and put in Tetris DX. I started playing it and realisd that it was my first time ever to play my portable games console whilst travelling! Most of the time I play it whilst I'm still in bed, or can't be bothered to do anything.

I played tetris getting line after line, tetris after tetris (That's 4 lines at once to those without the game) and I seemed to be going on forever! The background changed color so many times and the blocks kept falling faster and faster and I realised I was doing better than I had ever done before on Tetris!!! Then after the screen turned black and I lost (you would too if you got the blocks falling that fast) I saw the space shuttle launch! I got my highest score to date and at the same time I arrived at my bus stop!

I had the distractions of a numb bleeding gum, and bumpy roads interferring and I got a high score!

A similar thing happened to me with Pokémon Pinball! I was playing a CD really loud at 3 O'clock in the morning, and I was very tired, however I got my highest score ever on the blue table (after playing for a couple hours straight).

I seem to play games better when there are a few distractions around!

Anyway, that's enough about my day, my mouth hurts, I'm gonna find it hard eating, and next week I've got to get the stitches removed....
Fri 11/05/01 at 18:37
Regular
Today I had an operation in my mouth because of the way my teeth had grown. So this morning, before I left the house to go to the hospital, I thought I mihgt need my Gameboy Color for the trip back.

During the operation, I had my mouth numbed and bits of my gums removed followed by some stitches which I couldn't feel at all til now and it hurts!!! However, whilst my face and mouth were still numb I had to catch a horrible, smelly Cardiff Bus home. Anyone who has ever been on a Cardiff bus will know how bad they are!

Anyway, I got out my Gameboy Color and put in Tetris DX. I started playing it and realisd that it was my first time ever to play my portable games console whilst travelling! Most of the time I play it whilst I'm still in bed, or can't be bothered to do anything.

I played tetris getting line after line, tetris after tetris (That's 4 lines at once to those without the game) and I seemed to be going on forever! The background changed color so many times and the blocks kept falling faster and faster and I realised I was doing better than I had ever done before on Tetris!!! Then after the screen turned black and I lost (you would too if you got the blocks falling that fast) I saw the space shuttle launch! I got my highest score to date and at the same time I arrived at my bus stop!

I had the distractions of a numb bleeding gum, and bumpy roads interferring and I got a high score!

A similar thing happened to me with Pokémon Pinball! I was playing a CD really loud at 3 O'clock in the morning, and I was very tired, however I got my highest score ever on the blue table (after playing for a couple hours straight).

I seem to play games better when there are a few distractions around!

Anyway, that's enough about my day, my mouth hurts, I'm gonna find it hard eating, and next week I've got to get the stitches removed....
Fri 11/05/01 at 18:39
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I had an operation on my mouth a while back, teeth growing sideways..

I can't actually remember using my Game Boy while travelling either...I'll definately be using my GBA on the way to Germany though.

Fri 11/05/01 at 18:45
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
ditto
Fri 11/05/01 at 18:47
Regular
I just remembered something about my first oral operation....

I had a general anaesthetic then, and I dreamed that I was playing the first level of Super Mario Bros and when I completed the level (In about a minute) I woke up and my hour long op had finishd!
Fri 11/05/01 at 19:21
"High polygon count"
Operation on the mouth and we still can't shut him up.

Can't someone sew his fingers together?

;-)
Fri 11/05/01 at 19:30
Regular
"You've upset me"
I had to have an endoscopy not long ago. I had the first ever case of Nauseatus Bolerio. Anyway I had to have a GA, it took three minutes for me to drop off and my last memory before waking up again was the aneathetist sticking the oxygen mask over my head nad me thinking "This masks looks like Hannibal Lecters!" then I fell asleep. I dreamt that I was infact Hannibal Lecter and was slicing open someones gut to see what was wrong with them (ie. Exactly what the people doing to me... without the slicing bit :-))

Afterwards I had a vague memory of someone leaning over me and saying "His nose is bleeding" Later that night when I sneezed it was all bloody, and that's when it hit me that I actually HAD had a nosebleed.

man I hate my stomach...

:-)
Fri 11/05/01 at 19:53
Regular
"Back For Good"
I thought you'd be a kinky girl looking for a bit of attention by your "first time ever" topic and your wineing about some teech.dude my behind is hurting so bad and i've got cramp cus i've had to listen to you.oww it hurts right on my butt bone too.
Fri 11/05/01 at 19:59
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Am I the only one thinking what the last post was about?

Lol.

Fri 11/05/01 at 22:10
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
No your not ;-))

Fri 11/05/01 at 22:12
Regular
"You've upset me"
*RBS's face cracks into a grin as the meaning of Dan's post dawns on him*

hehehehehehehheheeeeeeeehehehehehehheeeeheehheheheeee *RBS collapses on the floor in a Goatboy like fit of laughter*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.