GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Piracy"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/05/01 at 17:47
Regular

Game Prices are sometimes really high and the only way we can afford these game is to "Back them up" and use the copy's.This will eventually lead to the publishers going bankrupt and on the way will drive up prices even more.What do you think we can do just to buy real games without commiting crime.
Everyone at my college couldn't play metal gear solid when you have to get the number from the back of the game case that was a laugh.
I think putting them on DVD will help this.
Fri 11/05/01 at 17:47
Regular
"Back For Good"

Game Prices are sometimes really high and the only way we can afford these game is to "Back them up" and use the copy's.This will eventually lead to the publishers going bankrupt and on the way will drive up prices even more.What do you think we can do just to buy real games without commiting crime.
Everyone at my college couldn't play metal gear solid when you have to get the number from the back of the game case that was a laugh.
I think putting them on DVD will help this.
Fri 11/05/01 at 17:48
Regular
"Back For Good"
Just for the Record, all my games are non copy's and i've never even got my playstation 1 chipped.
Fri 11/05/01 at 18:00
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
if i remember rightly the code on the back of the case in MGS was an integral part of the gameplay (ingenious)

back ups are only intended to be used by the person with the original product. backing up sotware is perfectly legal . if you start to distribute these back ups then you are breaking the law.

if money is really hard to come by , then you could try 2nd hand software.

i have seen MGS for £8 in some shops just ensure that you check the disks for scratches and the like
Fri 11/05/01 at 18:08
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Don't copy games. It's illegal and jeapordises future game production.

Seriously, don't. More because if you open the case you invalidate your warrenty, and PS2s aren't known for their reliability
Fri 11/05/01 at 19:25
Regular
"Back For Good"
I wrote this before but i think people overlooked it,I made this topic and I think 90% of playstation owners have their consoles chipped.
I DON'T AND NEVER HAVE HAD MY CONSOLE CHIPPED.

I buy games from mainly Electronics Boutique and Amazon.

I don't know why people buy copied games they have to wait for the person to get hold of the game,copy it and give it to you.my friend waited about 5 weeks for fear effect i think and he only got 1 disc out of 4.WHATS THE POINT and they are so cheap now.
Fri 11/05/01 at 19:36
Regular
90% chipped ?!?!?!?

I really can`t believe that. I know about 30 or so people with Playstations, and only one of them has his chipped. He only had it done a few months ago.

Also, though I shouldn`t say this, the guy who has it chipped is on drugs, smokes and carries Knives around with him, so I don`t think he should count in this data :-)
Sun 13/05/01 at 16:15
Regular
"Melliflous Wanderer"
I agree SSXpro, my own experience is something along those lines.
Sun 13/05/01 at 16:23
Regular
Exactly, I think that 90%stuff is way over the top!
Sun 13/05/01 at 18:24
What most of you are forgetting is that Psones were not just chipped for *pirating*. I got mine chipped just before GT and Tekken 3 came out i got japanese and US copys imported from a US/Japanese sites for around £30 each!

So chips may hold alot of badness in the wrong hands but they also permitted import gaming on the PSone!
Sun 13/05/01 at 18:31
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Chipping still shouldn't be done. Ya don't see many shops that chip ya console.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.