GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"i was hacked and now NOTHING works"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/11/04 at 17:03
Regular
"noone"
I guess I got a virus and some one accessed my pc.. still think they can so im trying to be quick.
any way they were able to operate my system and they destroyed some thing in system32.

I can not run any thing now,not one .exe etc... only internet.. cant run regedit etc either.
I was a fool I know.. the person that got in my pc.. convinced me .. he would help... to rid me of the virus... to stop poeple gettting in.

now all i get is win' can not access the specified device etc .. and some thing about no permition... when i click on anything!!... plz plz help... plz
Fri 19/11/04 at 17:03
Regular
"noone"
I guess I got a virus and some one accessed my pc.. still think they can so im trying to be quick.
any way they were able to operate my system and they destroyed some thing in system32.

I can not run any thing now,not one .exe etc... only internet.. cant run regedit etc either.
I was a fool I know.. the person that got in my pc.. convinced me .. he would help... to rid me of the virus... to stop poeple gettting in.

now all i get is win' can not access the specified device etc .. and some thing about no permition... when i click on anything!!... plz plz help... plz
Fri 19/11/04 at 17:11
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
Do you have a recent Backup???
Fri 19/11/04 at 17:14
Regular
"noone"
thx for reading all of that.. no i dont have back up ... do u mean on another drive.. warning i am very new to this pc stuff..:)
Fri 19/11/04 at 17:22
Regular
"noone"
i cant seem to read the 3 post it dont come up.. just testing to see if i can now view this 1... oh lordy lord
Fri 19/11/04 at 18:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You could try system restore.
Fri 19/11/04 at 18:43
Regular
"noone"
yer i did i go to start/help and support.. and then get the same message up ... the whole message reads:

windows cannot access the specified device,path,or file You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item.

Thanks for that anway
Fri 19/11/04 at 18:45
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
In what way did they "hack" you?
Fri 19/11/04 at 18:50
Regular
Sigh.

Like gaybys has questioned, in what way was you 'hacked' exactly?....
Fri 19/11/04 at 19:23
Regular
"noone"
well i aint sure if thats the right pc term .... but .. i was on my pc then some wierd stufff started happening.. and then some one kept opening my notepad and talkin to me .. oi thought i was goin crazy.

he asked if i knew my pc had a trojan virus and was aware any 1 could access it.
he asked if i wanted him to get rid of it.. so i stupidly siad ok he asked me to open sys32.. and scroll down he was lookin for some thing then boom... no more active pc

i know wat ya finkin.. yer i know i am... sorry for delayed replie .. i turn my connection of every 2 mins now.. in case of more intruders
Sun 21/11/04 at 16:15
Regular
"bing bang bong"
It sounds like you need to reinstall Windows to be honest. Did you get any restore CDs or Windows CDs with your computer?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.