GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I don't know how to feel..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/11/04 at 16:46
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
My fingers are freezing cold, I almost couldn't open the front door. I almost can't type...

So I left school promptly at 3:15 after History, ran to the bus stop and noted the traffic slowly building up, until a few minutes later it was solid. Then the bus appeared over the horizon and inched ever so slowly towards me, where upon I hopped on. To reach the next bus stop, I would estimate it crawled there in 10-12 minutes. This pattern continued until it eventually reached Waterworks Roundabout where it's usual exit was closed. It took a divert, where having stood up for forty minutes I stepped off the bus and used my initiative to edge towards home. It wasn’t easy planning a route not being able to think straight. Still I was able to decide opting against remaining on the bus and ending up at Walthamstow at night time and chose to walk against traffic by the side of the motorway. Harder than it sounds.

Walking on this extra column was like walking on a cross between the Vietnemese overgrown terrain and a skating site full of old tin signs, cans and other junk. Eventually I grasped my bearing, realised where I was and continued making good progress, before I took one hesitant look to the left. And there was the most devastating thing I have ever seen. Three, maybe even five cars just completely crushed, silent, still. I gave off that little gasp you do now and again, but it was a big one. Cars so small they might as well have been flattened by a steamroller they were so wrecked. I can’t stress enough just how horrific this scene was. If I had a camera phone, I’d have shown you myself. Part of me is glad though, because it would have just brought back how terrible it looked. Just thinking that those poor people must have lost their lives, left me in a state of shock; stunned. I spent about two minutes just staring at the wrecked cars, the dozens of whirring nearby police cars and officers and just kept gasping in amazement, astonishment and ambiguity at what I was looking at. My journey continued, until I reached a bus stop where I could haul myself back into civilization, the roads I know and make my way back home.

Now I’m alone at home, waiting for my Mum, my Dad and my two brothers. I’ve just had a terrifying thought, what if one of those cars was my parent’s? What then?
Sat 20/11/04 at 14:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hang on, shouldn't you be happy if your parents died? Afterall, they'd be with God, and that's the highest place your belief system can put them.

Or do you just believe in Heaven as an emotional crumple zone ('scuse the pun)?
Sat 20/11/04 at 10:44
Regular
"Bicycle"
It's funny when people die.

Too bored to care. Have fun not being dead.
Sat 20/11/04 at 10:41
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Scary
Sat 20/11/04 at 10:22
Regular
"SOUP!"
It's moments like that which make you appreciate being alive all the more.
Sat 20/11/04 at 08:44
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I hadn't written a meaningful piece here for while and suddenly all these a's spluttered out at me, I'm not suprised they don't make sense.
Sat 20/11/04 at 08:33
Regular
Forest Fan wrote:
the dozens of whirring nearby police cars and officers and just
> kept gasping in amazement, astonishment and ambiguity at what I was
> looking at.

that bit made me laugh, as it was so over blown use of alliteration just for the sake of it, using two words that are pretty much the same and one which was just wrong!
Sat 20/11/04 at 04:04
Regular
"Jackpot!"
If you want. I just want to know what games are scheduled for release. Cheers.
Sat 20/11/04 at 04:00
Regular
"Free ds Info"
anyone need nintendo ds info
Sat 20/11/04 at 02:35
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Ashman wrote:
>I was nearly run over a year ago, and
> for the rest of that evening I was thinking "what if that car
> hadn't stopped just in time" etc. It's a feeling of relief and
> absolute horror of what could have potentially happened.

I almost got run over lol, it was bad actually but I laughed. I was showing off on my bike in front of some girls, seeing how fast I could go. I actually was going really fast, then without realising shot across this main road called gunter's lane and cars were coming each side, inches away with me flying straight through the middle of them. They didn't even see me, so I must have been going just a little bit faster than them to make it across and hop up the curb on my evil bmx.
Sat 20/11/04 at 02:34
Regular
"Lokicat"
Please share your dilema. I care...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.