GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Websense and Uk Chat Forums"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/11/04 at 13:47
Regular
"..."
I access thse forums from my work computer when I'm bored, because I have one of those jobs that means a pile of work one minute and absoulte deadness the next. Now these computers have an application called websence in place that is supposed to stop us accessing any sites we shouldn't be, by searching for blocked key-words, such as 'web-chat' for example.

So, I can access the UK Chat Forums home page, but when I try to click on a forum name I get a standard websence screen telling me I can't access this page because it is restricted. But if I type the forum URL directly into the address bar it doesn't stop me at all, even though I'm accessing the same URL just in a different way.

Then when I am in here I can click on all the normal links everything works fine, apart from if I try to access another forum from a link or the drop-down forum menu. But again, if I remember the forum ids and change the forum ID part directly into the address bar, no problem.

The only exceptions are the Top Posters list and 'Change Your Details' which are blocked even if I type in the URL's directly. If anyone can explain why this is, I'd really like to know...
Sat 20/11/04 at 19:16
Regular
Paradox?
Sat 20/11/04 at 17:11
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> Anyway you can probably just use a browser within a browser, my
> friend has the URL for one, I'll post it later and you should be able
> to access everything within it.

Any chance you could post it sometime today or tomorow so that I can try it at college on Monday?
Sat 20/11/04 at 16:46
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
I know you told me that last night silly!
Sat 20/11/04 at 16:40
Regular
"..."
Lucy Jane wrote:
> Ok Cong how is that possible. We work in the same place and on the
> same network. But i can access them all.

Because your office doesn't use Websense.
Fri 19/11/04 at 21:25
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Ok Cong how is that possible. We work in the same place and on the same network. But i can access them all.
Thu 18/11/04 at 15:38
"period drama"
The razor-wire's on back-order.
Thu 18/11/04 at 15:36
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Erk.
Thu 18/11/04 at 15:35
"period drama"
I have a 2-inch-thick studded iron sheath now.
All is well, except your ass
Thu 18/11/04 at 15:32
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Sorry :^(
Thu 18/11/04 at 15:32
Regular
"Twenty quid."
It wouldn't be too bad with you ... what with you having a small penis and all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.