GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Proof of Evolution."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/11/04 at 11:02
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
""Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything
so mindboggingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that
some thinkers have chosen to see it as the final and clinching
proof of the non-existence of God.

"The argument goes something like this:

`I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'

"`But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it?
It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so
therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'

"`Oh dear,' says God, `I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly
vanished in a puff of logic.

"`Oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to
prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next
zebra crossing."
"

;) Sorry. A perfect argument (if you change Bable fish) to some of the theories presented in this forum in the past. From "The HitchHikers Guide To The Galaxy"
Fri 19/11/04 at 02:13
Regular
They sort of accept evolution after creation.
So different species have evolved from the animals since then.

I listened to a talk from a guy at the university the other day.
He seemed decent enough, pointing out that he didn't disbelieve evolution, that genesis wasn't really to be taken literally (if God had told early man all the details of physics and the like, he probably would've frizzled his primitive brain!) and that science doesn't prove or disprove God, just shows the world for what it is and whether God made it is another question.

He did sort of point out that evolution was still a theory though, still too many holes to be a fact. Like missing links between creatures don't show up in fossils and the like.
Not that he was discrediting it, but he said that it did take a bit of faith to believe in it as there was a lot of missing evidence.

I'd guess that missing link stages would be smallish compared to the "stable" stages, so perhaps that's why they'd be very hard to find.
But there's always a chance that it isn't quite right, but I really can't imagine a better alternative right now...
Fri 19/11/04 at 00:22
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
The proof of evolution is surely every specimen of every species that has ever lived. Most churchies that reject evolution are contradictory - they allow adaptation, but not evolution. That's what evolution is, numbnuts.
Thu 18/11/04 at 15:48
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
I have studied evolution myself... I am also a religous person myself, do not be misleaded by my earlier post, about religion being evolved into what it is today. This I still believe is true. And anyone who denounces that evolution is a pile of rubbish is an ignorant person, the same as people who think that the creation theory is c**p.

Myself as I stated I lean more towards the theory of evolution. It is a more stable and reasonable explination to how we are here today. If the bible is correct, how comes there is evidence evident today of Homo-Erectus and Homo-Nerandertal, sitting in the British Museum & other world famous museums. To say that creation theory was correct, all the other stages Apes and Cave man would not have to have existed, as god made us how we are today.

What makes me think about evolution is what came before Australopithicus Aferensis, and what came before them? This is the philosophical question.. what I believe im my belief is that god was the catalyst that started off the evolutionary chain, that made the tiny bacteria, that made sea dwelling forms, that enterned onto land, ect ect... that ended up being humans, which was gods divine plan.

Mainly, this is a more rational explination that incoporates both the philosophical side of religion and the science explination on why we are here. I have also presented my case in a debate session we have after church and many people also believe that my explination is more correct than the bibles...

Your Views
Thu 18/11/04 at 13:36
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
let us begin to worship the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
Thu 18/11/04 at 12:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I was thinking that too. Why is it always one or the other - religion or evolution?
Thu 18/11/04 at 12:01
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Heh. In my experience, people who demand concrete proof of evolution actually mean "Give me proof, in words of one syllable, and that I can understand and reconcile with the Bible".

They also sorta try to 'forget' that evolution is a theory that works with all the available evidence. Science (good science anyway) rarely if ever says "This is the definitive proof of...". Science is about finding more evidence and testing the theory against it.

God, you're right Pandaemonium; this IS starting off the whole debate again...
Thu 18/11/04 at 11:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
cookie monster wrote:
> There was a guy that gave a lecture at my uni and was offering
> $250,000 to anyone who had concrete evidence that evolution was real.

Well those little hobbity creatures they found on that island kinda proves it.
Thu 18/11/04 at 11:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ha, Adams overloaded God. More proof that in the future, robots (long after humanity has died out) will send embryos back in time to start us off again, and will place handy nuggets of info dotted over the globe for our future ancestors to find.

Jesus did a mean robot dance, so it must be true.
Thu 18/11/04 at 11:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Chop off your little finger

*nods*
Thu 18/11/04 at 11:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
There was a guy that gave a lecture at my uni and was offering $250,000 to anyone who had concrete evidence that evolution was real.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.