GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chuck Palahniuk"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/11/04 at 19:22
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've really got into this guy lately, he's a pretty great writer. I picked up Fight Club (sheerly because I was a fan of the movie) and learned he was a great literary artist. I then read Guts, a promo of his anthology of 'true' stories called "Stranger than fiction", and have recently bought and half-read Non-Fiction, a lot of true accounts of his, and other people's lives.

I've just made an order on Amazon for a few more of his books, namely:

Choke
Survivor
Diary
Invisible Monsters

Just wondering if anyone out there is a Chuck fan and if they have any recomendations?

I'd recommend Palahniuk to those who like the works of Bret Easton Ellis and perhaps on a nihlistic level Stephen King.
Thu 18/11/04 at 13:29
Regular
"SOUP!"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> Invisible Monsters is the best, IMO. Read it pretty much all in one
> go.
>
> Survivor second after that.

I didnt read the synopsis of Invisible Monsters - I just liked the title and author and thought "why not".
Thu 18/11/04 at 11:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I thought some parts of Survivor were very good and others pretty poor.
Thu 18/11/04 at 09:51
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Invisible Monsters is the best, IMO. Read it pretty much all in one go.

Survivor second after that.
Wed 17/11/04 at 22:26
Regular
"SOUP!"
I think survivor is the one that appeals to me the most, the premise is rather cool.

I'll review them when I get them and recommend or slander them accordingly.
Wed 17/11/04 at 20:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Survivor was okay
Wed 17/11/04 at 20:08
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Yeah, good writer.
Lullaby is a good one. Might read it again actually, it's been a while.
Wed 17/11/04 at 19:38
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Choke is good, as is Lullaby and Survivor (and Fight Club, obviously). Wasn't so keen on Diary, haven't read Invisible Monsters yet.
Wed 17/11/04 at 19:32
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> Guts
> Choke
> Survivor
> Diary
> Invisible Monsters

Sounds like a barrel of laughs.

> Ellis

omfg that's my name!!1

I remember reading an extract of Guts in a paper a while back.
I can't remember much of it though - dunno if that's an indication that I didn't enjoy it or just if my memory sucks balls.
Wed 17/11/04 at 19:22
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've really got into this guy lately, he's a pretty great writer. I picked up Fight Club (sheerly because I was a fan of the movie) and learned he was a great literary artist. I then read Guts, a promo of his anthology of 'true' stories called "Stranger than fiction", and have recently bought and half-read Non-Fiction, a lot of true accounts of his, and other people's lives.

I've just made an order on Amazon for a few more of his books, namely:

Choke
Survivor
Diary
Invisible Monsters

Just wondering if anyone out there is a Chuck fan and if they have any recomendations?

I'd recommend Palahniuk to those who like the works of Bret Easton Ellis and perhaps on a nihlistic level Stephen King.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.