GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well, Thats HL2 completed, whats next ?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/11/04 at 17:08
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
So, they say they have HL3 in the making? Just as good cos this one was over too quick. Or it could just be the fact that i've been a sad prat and played it pretty much. . . constantly over the past 2 days. . . . Yeah i think that was the reason. What an ending though.

Excellent.
Wed 17/11/04 at 17:08
Regular
So, they say they have HL3 in the making? Just as good cos this one was over too quick. Or it could just be the fact that i've been a sad prat and played it pretty much. . . constantly over the past 2 days. . . . Yeah i think that was the reason. What an ending though.

Excellent.
Wed 17/11/04 at 17:14
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Possum_Number2 wrote:
> So, they say they have HL3 in the making? Just as good cos this one
> was over too quick.

I've the impression it's going to be over too quickly no matter HOW long it takes someone! :D
Wed 17/11/04 at 17:16
Regular
I'm confused. . . is that referring to sex ?
Thu 18/11/04 at 15:38
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm getting a bir carried away, I don't want to keep playing the game, but I just can't help myself. I've spent all day today just playing it, it's utterly fantastic.

As soon as I'm done I'll be going back and playing Half Life 1 and 2 back to back, but will be leaving enough time to soak up the details.
Fri 19/11/04 at 01:46
Regular
I just stopped playing, wow. I just had a look on the Halo2 threads, and what a giant leap forwards HL2 is.

*** Spoilers, a little bit ***

Gordon's roadtrip was fantastic, I remember coming to the first big house on the road only to find the door locked. “Sure”, I thought, “Valve think they’re sooo clever, but all they have are empty models of houses”. Only to find the basement entrance concealed under some boxes. Inside was an intricately detailed space complete with chipped paint, a massive artillery shell having blasted a huge chunk of the walls, floor and ceiling. Blood stains, realistic lighting (WOW there’s light coming through that window onto the wall, its amazing!) and the charred corpses of a family that a forensics team could work on.

Then I realised I might have just driven past this place without noticing anything. Now this is a big game, and every level contains this amount of detail.

*** WARNING: Rampant Spoilers. look away now!!! ***

The section just before Novo Prospect is a classic. Fighting up a beach with a herd of antlions was the best level of any game I have ever played.

*** Phew, glad that’s over with… ***

There are a few problems, though: Gordon can only carry very limited amounts of ammunition, e.g. 3 rockets when it takes 4 to bring down a strider. Certain levels are just too long, when you just want to get back to City17 and the lovely Alyx, e.g. Route canal and Ravenholm. The squad system is annoying; they’re too clingy e.g. you tell the squad to wait and after a few seconds they follow you, setting off tripwires or wandering into a sniper’s laser targeting beam.

This game isn’t perfect, but it is the best game out at the moment. Bring on Half-Life 3!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.