GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rugby: Good and Bad"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/11/04 at 15:51
Regular
Played today in PE. Seeing as I missed the last lesson as I was off ill and they didn't tell me they were starting Rugby next lesson, I turned up with a White Polo-shirt and trainers. Not good.

So, after putting on a shirt from the 'Box of doom' we set about two teams and in the drizzle rain we played.

I used to play, for three years, and I have a good knowledge of the game. But by Christ is it tougher.

I took the role of 'running from deep' and got battered several times. Also got threw in the air by two players and landed in a patch of mud. Mmmm...nice.

But I scored 3 tries, because I'm good. Well, more like a ran toward the 'not-so-good' and 'small' players who couldn't tackle me. Bless them.

But since I stopped playing, Rugby has got a much more brutal game. It's amazing what two years absent from a sport does to you.

And now I sit here mud-stained. Better get in that shower quickly.
Wed 17/11/04 at 15:51
Regular
Played today in PE. Seeing as I missed the last lesson as I was off ill and they didn't tell me they were starting Rugby next lesson, I turned up with a White Polo-shirt and trainers. Not good.

So, after putting on a shirt from the 'Box of doom' we set about two teams and in the drizzle rain we played.

I used to play, for three years, and I have a good knowledge of the game. But by Christ is it tougher.

I took the role of 'running from deep' and got battered several times. Also got threw in the air by two players and landed in a patch of mud. Mmmm...nice.

But I scored 3 tries, because I'm good. Well, more like a ran toward the 'not-so-good' and 'small' players who couldn't tackle me. Bless them.

But since I stopped playing, Rugby has got a much more brutal game. It's amazing what two years absent from a sport does to you.

And now I sit here mud-stained. Better get in that shower quickly.
Wed 17/11/04 at 15:52
Regular
Ewww. Dirt.
Wed 17/11/04 at 15:53
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Rugby - no! Its just egg chasing. A poor, poor game. But in a weird twist of fate, probably the only game that the English are any good at. Still a poor game though.
Wed 17/11/04 at 15:55
Regular
I like Rugby. It's a great game.

Plus, living in Wales, it's more popular than football. Many football clubs have folded in South Wales because the kids have gone to play Rugby.

Hurts like hell when you bang your nose though :(
Wed 17/11/04 at 16:03
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Good.. But only for the legs!
Wed 17/11/04 at 16:05
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Typical ladies view.
Wed 17/11/04 at 16:05
Regular
Lol.

If you women want a real man, choose a Rugby boy. None of these poncy 'Oooo I might spoil my hair' footballers.
Wed 17/11/04 at 16:08
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Of course typical ladies view. :) As legs are very important.

And rugby men are more tougher than the weakings that play soccer.
Wed 17/11/04 at 16:10
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Preferred American Football to Rugby after playing both, can absolutely drill players into the ground in Gridiron, especially when the wide receiver is coming down from a catch. WHAM-O!!!! :-D
Wed 17/11/04 at 16:11
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Rugby's a nutters game. There isn't that much skill to it. You just either have to be big & have no fear or fast as lightening. Technically football is much more of a skilled sport.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.