GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FPS - Half-life 2 or Doom 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Sun 26/12/04 at 12:54
Regular
Having played both of these games, i'm no closer in deciding which is better. They're both pretty amazing. Doom 3 is by far the scariest game ever, and it suceeded almost instantly in scaring me witless. However, Half-life 2 has such a compelling storyline that its almost impossible to stop playing (as well as of course the gravity gun - the fun never stops!!). So, which could possibly be classed as a better game then the other?
Thu 03/02/05 at 16:26
Regular
"A man with a stick"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Half Life 2. Doom 3 is balls.
>
> And scariest game ever? Are you forgetting the Silent Hill series,
> among others?

And system Shock 2.

As far as scares go, while Doom 3 did have quite an eerie atmosphere early in the game, towards the end the feeling of "On my, what’s going to happen next?" turned into "Oh great, I wonder if another dozen gimp daemons are going to randomly spawn behind me and force yet another prolonged gun battle"
Wed 02/02/05 at 11:00
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Doom 3 is utter rubbish, whereas Half-Life 2 advanced the art of the videogame by a few years overnight.
Wed 02/02/05 at 10:36
Regular
Half Life 2. Doom 3 is balls.

And scariest game ever? Are you forgetting the Silent Hill series, among others?
Wed 02/02/05 at 10:29
Regular
"dodoking"
sorry but anyone who says that half-life 2 is not the best game needs there head adjusting.
Tue 01/02/05 at 21:54
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Half Life 2 is by far the better game. Doom 3 is a good game but it gets very repetitive after a while and the intensity just goes out of it. Maybe if you scare easily then it will keep you hooked to the end but I was thoroughly bored after about 3/4 of the way through. Half Life 2 was overwhelmingly good from start to finish.
Tue 01/02/05 at 16:29
Regular
"object"
if you cant decide just go for the cheaper one which is doom 3
Mon 27/12/04 at 19:03
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I found Doom 3 to be a bit scary, but it was nothing compared with the Shalebridge Cradle level in Thief 3. That game game did in one level what Doom 3 couldn't so in an entire game, scare me s###less.
Mon 27/12/04 at 18:46
Regular
Yeah, but doom 3 is there to scare you, and it does it really well. A little too well.
Sun 26/12/04 at 16:26
Regular
"the burning sky"
Going on which one I've actually completed, I'd say HL2 is the much better game. Doom3 got extremely dull and repetitive at the end.
Sun 26/12/04 at 13:11
Regular
[URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=115734&forumid=422[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.