GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody Road Diggers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/11/04 at 20:52
Regular
So I'm on my way to work during the morning's busiest times. Driving down a steep road I come across a sign for temporary traffic lights. Obviously work being done on the road.

I slowed down and found a huge portion of the road was traffic coned off, and the cones continued around a blind corner. Looking at the lights, they weren't on at all.

I waited a short while and nothing was coming so I decided to go. Made my way around the corner, another car behind and suddenly I see the other side of the obstruction with cars starting to move up (despite seeing me and a car behind blocking the lane. I managed to squeeze into the 'give way' area of a close (which renders the lights useless anyway if anyone wants to get out) and the car behind followed.

The stupid old bat who didn't even check to see if the road was clear stopped at 45 degrees to my right. Directly to my right were two cowboy road diggers with a pneumatic drill. I rolled down my window and said,

"Oi, your lights aren't working"

The one with the big gay mustache grinned and said, "Yes they are, you jumped the lights"

"You really think two cars would jump the lights on a blind bend?"

He nodded again and said, "They're working"

Right, so instead of walking around the corner and investigating what could have potentially caused a nasty accident he just decided to ignore the warnings and carry on digging his small hole.

In the end, I decided to drive up onto the pavement and go around the silly bat blocking the road. She may have had right of way as far as the lights were concerned, but only when the road ahead is clear.
Mon 15/11/04 at 22:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
jesus&co wrote:
> what do you mean by that

What i mean is that life's one high speed chase and you're riding shotgun!
Mon 15/11/04 at 22:36
Regular
what do you mean by that
Mon 15/11/04 at 22:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Polk county, Florida. When traffic needs to be stopped traffic lights are usually a safe way to stem the flow, but when traffic lights go wrong THERE CAN BE DISASTEROUS CONSEQUENCES.
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:07
Regular
A live hand grenade would have been more satisfying.
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:02
Regular
you should have popped a cap in his ass.
Mon 15/11/04 at 20:52
Regular
So I'm on my way to work during the morning's busiest times. Driving down a steep road I come across a sign for temporary traffic lights. Obviously work being done on the road.

I slowed down and found a huge portion of the road was traffic coned off, and the cones continued around a blind corner. Looking at the lights, they weren't on at all.

I waited a short while and nothing was coming so I decided to go. Made my way around the corner, another car behind and suddenly I see the other side of the obstruction with cars starting to move up (despite seeing me and a car behind blocking the lane. I managed to squeeze into the 'give way' area of a close (which renders the lights useless anyway if anyone wants to get out) and the car behind followed.

The stupid old bat who didn't even check to see if the road was clear stopped at 45 degrees to my right. Directly to my right were two cowboy road diggers with a pneumatic drill. I rolled down my window and said,

"Oi, your lights aren't working"

The one with the big gay mustache grinned and said, "Yes they are, you jumped the lights"

"You really think two cars would jump the lights on a blind bend?"

He nodded again and said, "They're working"

Right, so instead of walking around the corner and investigating what could have potentially caused a nasty accident he just decided to ignore the warnings and carry on digging his small hole.

In the end, I decided to drive up onto the pavement and go around the silly bat blocking the road. She may have had right of way as far as the lights were concerned, but only when the road ahead is clear.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.