GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SR Notable Election Rundown"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/11/04 at 15:13
Regular
"SOUP!"
SR Notable Election Rundown
Charting the favourite and not-so-favourite runners in this contest

It’s that time again, it’s late in coming, again, and I’ll probably come second, again. That’s right, it’s the notable election. [Dum dum dummmmmmm]
In a Cilla-Black-Esque style, let’s have a recap at the young hopefuls in this contest.

English Bloke
This racy copper is a favourite amongst the ladies, and guys, actually. He often warms our cold little hearts with tales of banging hookers, busting dealers and chasing old people. His resounding, and often filthy sense of humour is one that makes many of us smile. If made notable I’m sure he’d quit his day job and cling around here even more, like a parasitic leech.

Election Chance – 8.5/10

FinalFantasyFanatic
The charming wordsmith who strangely never rallies many votes but deserves them due to his LSD-induced stories and sometimes baffling ramblings. A generally nice-ish guy and all-round funny man, FFF is an outsider who may just take the lead this time.

Election Chance – 6/10

Bullett
Dirty northern Loiner (that’s what people from Leeds are called, believe it or not) with pinecone eyes and a heart of gold. Yes, he’s an actual nice bloke who seems to have a small army of fans, and has something insightful to add to a lot of threads, which is generally notable-ish. Perhaps not even in the running last time, Bullett is one to watch this time round.

Election Chance – 8/10

Mav
What? Mav? Who the hell is that? He’s been here longer than you, sunny Jim, and has recently gone on to prove himself as a bloody good writer as well as a good regular poster in the Movies and Music forum and probably a console forum, however I dare not venture there. He’s a good writer, a nice feller and most of all… he’s hung like an elf. Vote for him, he’s warm. Probably not a firm favourite but I expect him to get a fair few votes this time.

Election Chance – 5.5/10

Rickoss
Something of a reviewing God (check out the Gameaday top winners list) and a talented wordsmith who has been contributing to the SSC contests and the life forum on something of a regular basis, much to the delight of literate people. He contributes to a lot of the more in-depth discussions and has a dislike for those with pore garmatical skillz.

Election Chance – 6/10

Cookie Monster
Added to the list by popular demand, which means he probably has a good chance. A satirical and therefore good forum members. Go him.

Election Chance 6.5/10

Light
The bitter cardigan-wearing funny man with a brain bigger than the English language can encompass is a favourite this time round. His grasps of key world issues makes him just about the best poster in the Life forum and though he rarely ventures away from his nest there, he is an intellectual force to be reckoned with. Not being known by the General Chat monkeys means he probably wont win, but if the intellectuals decide to elect a representative he could be in with a good chance.

Election Chance - 5/10

Mattributé
Well-liked hippy-sort. Certainly the corrupters vote. SR equivalent of UKIP.

Election Chance – 3.5/10

Flock
He is a dedicated poster who works hard to maintain such activities as the “greatest 100” and the SR Pool Contests, amongst other things. He has something to say about almost everything, which is a rather interesting feature, and he never runs his mouth like a n00b. He knows his stuff.

Election Chance – 6.5/10

Monkey Man
Turned it down once before, like an asshat, but now that he regrets it (or seemingly so) he could well be re-elected this time. He’s a clever poster with a lot to say about things, which is a particularly notable-esque feature. It’d be interesting if he won just to see what he’d do.

Election Chance – 6/10

Paradox:
Nature’s runner-up, has finished second in three elections to date due to his incompatibility with a green name. Is a filthy opinionated Northerner who talks rubbish and looks like Wayne Rooney’s uglier younger brother. Has no real chance of winning due to an absence where he “found himself” a month or so ago.

Election Chance – 3.5/10

The vague outsiders
Borat – Has taken a leave of absence, seemingly. Still a favourite though
Election Chance – 2/10

Notorious Biggles – Hasn’t been around a whole lot lately but is a charm when he is about.
Election Chance – 3/10

Dr Duck Or whatever he’s calling himself now. Clever clever person, I think he’s gone though. Hmm.
Election Chance – 2/10

Icarus Clever computery person and helpful bloke.
Election Chance –3/10

Ashman Talented writer and general nice feller. Not universal enough for notability yet, though.
Election Chance – 2.5/10

HHAT Got caught fapping by his Dad, everything from there on is an up.
Election Chance – 3/10

Cyclone Ace-ish guy. Seems to be opinionated and therefore liked.
Election Chance – 2/10

So there we have it, a rundown of all possible contenders. I bet you’ll all vote someone else just to defy me now, wont you? Pack of cheating scumbags…
Tue 16/11/04 at 11:05
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Where did the last post go?

It was just caveat being his usual charming self.
Tue 16/11/04 at 08:23
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Bah.

It'll either be FFF, Biggles or Bullett methinks.
Tue 16/11/04 at 08:00
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Lucy Jane wrote:
> No females.. Tsk.

We have our token female notable but she got struck down by the notable curse :)
Tue 16/11/04 at 07:52
Regular
"SOUP!"
Lucy Jane wrote:
> No females.. Tsk. But then again.. i know id sooner vote for a guy!

Thats how Bush won, that pesky long-haired Kerry and his feminine looks.
Mon 15/11/04 at 23:04
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Good lord, you make me joint 3rd favourite !?
I've never had even one vote :)
Mon 15/11/04 at 22:55
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I'm the bookies best odds? How is that? The most I've ever got was about 3 votes...

FFF and Para will be first and second methinks.

It's funny you gave me 8.5 though. That number and I have an affinity.
Mon 15/11/04 at 22:23
Regular
really what is this form all about
Mon 15/11/04 at 22:21
Regular
what is this form about
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:46
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Not sure who to vote for.

Probably use mine tactically at the end.
Mon 15/11/04 at 20:54
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
No females.. Tsk. But then again.. i know id sooner vote for a guy!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.