GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"An interesting idea..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/11/04 at 00:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Okay, I was reading something on a website and I thought it would be a pretty good idea for this forum. It's kind of like a short story competition but it's about wrestling, obviously.

Anyway, the idea. The participants have to rewrite history and I give you the starting point. I'm not going to limit the length of how far you want to take it, that's up to you. After a little while, I look over the entries and judge them. The winner gets to set the starting point for the next story.

For example: What would have happened if Foley had won the title at Wrestlemania in the fatal 4-way match?

There are many different ways you could go. He could retire and the title would go up for grabs in a tournament, he could have a change of heart and fight to defend the title, he could hand it over to someone, etc...

You would write the direction you want to go in and write until it reaches a satisfactory conclusion to you. Write in ring interviews, backstage incident, storylines leading up to a conclusion, anything you want on the subject. It's your chance to rewrite history.

This idea will probably fall flat on it's face but it's worth a go. When you give the starting point, you may need to explain the background to it. I hope I've explained all this to a reasonable degree.

Okay, your starting point:

The Invasion angle. It all reached an end at Survivor Series when The Rock pinned Stone Cold for the WWE team to win. The teams consisted of (from memory so please correct me if I'm wrong)

WWE

The Rock
Chris Jericho
Undertaker
Kane
Big Show

WCW/ECW

Stone Cold
Booker T
Kurt Angle
RVD
Shane McMahon

I think that's right. Anyway, the starting point is this: What would have happened if Stone Cold had pinned The Rock to give WCW/ECW the victory?

If you are interested in participating, leave your name in this topic. I will give you a reasonable length of time to get your story in. Get creative if you can. If you want me to give it a go, give me a few days to knock up a quick example copy. Otherwise, I look forward to reading what you can come up with.

I hope this works.
Mon 06/12/04 at 23:05
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
What's geeky? The idea or spending time on a chatroom? If it's the idea, it was just something I thought of for some of the users here. If they don't want to do it, that's up to them. I know a couple of people are attempting it and I'm not going to persuade them otherwise and stunt their creativity.

If it's spending time on a chatroom, I don't spend all day here. I post when I have a bit of time and have nothing to do. There is probably something better I could be doing, like sleeping or something, but I'm not tired yet so I'm just watching a bit of TV and posting on here for a bit.
Mon 06/12/04 at 22:54
Regular
Just rather geeky, could be doing something better.. no?
Mon 06/12/04 at 22:51
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Nah, it's just words on a chatroom. I'm just wondering why the change.
Mon 06/12/04 at 22:41
Regular
Awwwwwwwwwwwww, you take offence.
Mon 06/12/04 at 17:23
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Okay, what's going on? We used to get along and now you suddenly go against me.
Mon 06/12/04 at 17:21
Regular
Like... nobody?
Mon 06/12/04 at 17:12
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Bump for whoever might be interested...
Sun 21/11/04 at 16:04
Regular
"Better Than You"
I have started mine but decided to write a plan for the rest of it so I have almost finished that and then it will be easier to write the 'story'.
Sun 21/11/04 at 14:59
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I've started writing mine now. It's probably going to be at least another week before I have finished it though... :) I'm not sure where to lead it.
Thu 18/11/04 at 20:47
Regular
"Better Than You"
Right got all my plans sorted out now and just need to put it in to words. May take a week or so with my schedule. I have started it with a first lengthyish paragraph.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.