GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who chaired Have I Got News For You this week?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/11/04 at 19:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I missed it, and want to know if it's anyone bearable so I can decide to watch or not.

Also, I bet Boris Johnson chairs next week.
Mon 22/11/04 at 22:00
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Merton is excellent
Mon 22/11/04 at 21:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
They are for the presenter, obviously you can tell there's an autocue, but the the panelists don't read the jokes from a bit of paper.
Mon 22/11/04 at 21:51
Regular
Woah.
My mistake, what I meant was pre-rehearsed.
The jokes are just read off a screen, or bits of paper.
Mon 22/11/04 at 21:40
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Of course it's "pre-recorded" - that just means it isn't live. Pretty much all shows are, even satirical ones. It means they can edit it to get the best bits in, or do retakes etc.

Also, on the original material front, the things said by the panelists is original, but what the presenter says is written by a team (obviously with the exception of ad lib stuff). Although the panelists will be able to think up what they might say in advance.
Mon 22/11/04 at 20:46
Regular
My favourite bit is knowing that it is all pre-recorded and all the jokes are not the original material of those who are on the show.
Somebody let this slip who had been on the show as a guest, cant remember who.
Shame really, it used to be one of my favourite programs, if anyone could clarify beyond doubt that it is not pre-recorded then i would deifnately start watching it again.
Mon 22/11/04 at 16:13
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I love Paul Merton on that.

He just sits quietly for half of it then comes out with something absoloutely genius.
Mon 22/11/04 at 10:35
Regular
Angus Deaton is a great presenter I have to admit it.

Shame that Ian and Paul just couldn't let it go.
Mon 22/11/04 at 04:23
Regular
"Guten tag mein helm"
The Angus deaton one after his sex and drugs thing was halirous but a great pity it was his last i think bbc wont allow him to work for them.

But yes boris dosnt know half the time there makeing fun of him or getting any of the jokes.
Mon 22/11/04 at 01:43
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Agreed - the whole reason for them having guest presenters originally was to find a replacement. Now some presenters have hosted the show three times, it's pointless. Whoever it was who said Clive Anderson should do it was right.
Sun 21/11/04 at 19:29
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
They should just get it over with and choose a permanent presenter.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.