GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is just getting ridiculous"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/11/04 at 00:32
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I can't believe how strict referees and FIFA have got about goal celebrations. Why shouldn't a player be allowed to take off his shirt to celebrate a goal he's scored? Why shouldn't he be allowed to run up to the crowd and hug a fan?

You can clearly tell how happy these players are to score goal, but then to be carded for your celebration? Where is the need...?

Yeh ok, I agree that you shouldn't be allowed to provoke opposition fans or anything like that, and yeh that should produce a card.

But there really is no harm at all in taking off your shirt and running around waving it.

Anyone see the reasoning behind this? Isn't the shirt thing something to do with the time it takes to put it back on? :s
Sun 14/11/04 at 00:32
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I can't believe how strict referees and FIFA have got about goal celebrations. Why shouldn't a player be allowed to take off his shirt to celebrate a goal he's scored? Why shouldn't he be allowed to run up to the crowd and hug a fan?

You can clearly tell how happy these players are to score goal, but then to be carded for your celebration? Where is the need...?

Yeh ok, I agree that you shouldn't be allowed to provoke opposition fans or anything like that, and yeh that should produce a card.

But there really is no harm at all in taking off your shirt and running around waving it.

Anyone see the reasoning behind this? Isn't the shirt thing something to do with the time it takes to put it back on? :s
Sun 14/11/04 at 00:36
Regular
Diego Forlan is to blame for this.

For those who dont remember, he took his shirt off after scoring a screamer at OT but couldnt get it back on and was was still playing after the restart holding his shirt in his hand!
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
The only way taking a shirt off is over the top if is it is then used to be pushed up the anus and out the mouth for an internal flossing.

I don’t get the rules of how it is offensive or bad.
Regular
"Colourless"
Tis a stupid rule, but that's the point, it is a rule. So the players just shouldn't do it. They should know better...

Personally I'd much rather see any player celebrate by running round smiling with joy than being cocky and staring at their fist, looking aggressive (cough Henry)...
Sun 14/11/04 at 00:38
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I remember the days when you used to get good, creative celebrations. Haven't seen a good one in a while.

Naybet's booking today was stupid. And if he was booked for that, Lauren should have been booked for provoking the Spurs fans.
Sun 14/11/04 at 00:39
Regular
"Colourless"
Di Matteo's was the best one I've seen....
Sun 14/11/04 at 00:40
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Bring back Klingon
Sun 14/11/04 at 00:42
Regular
well done on your research, lil bro

its not the fa, its a ruling by fifa
nice to see youre not rushing ahead and screaming at the wrong people before you actually find out the facts
well done
Sun 14/11/04 at 00:43
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
It's actually 'FIFA' not the 'FA'.

The letter's stand for something, hence they should be capitals.
Sun 14/11/04 at 00:44
Regular
oh how petty and pedantic of you

at least i got 2 completely different organisations the right way though, eh?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.