GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oops, they did it again..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/04/00 at 15:11
Regular
If any of you have seen the recent news articles on "surveys" into gaming and agressive behaviour, maybe you'll feel as dissapointed as me. It happens time and time again, foney researchers try to fool the population with their scaremongering results of cheap experiments.
This time they took two groups of individuals, one who played violent vidoe games, another who didn't, and found via 'psychological analysis' (which stinks of fudged results) that those who played violent games were in turn more agressive. Playing on parental fears and hiding behind scientific terms, they ignored the simple truth that those with more agressive personas will naturally tend towards more agressive games as a safe outlet. As always happens, there is nobody to point this out to the people watching or reading this, the news companies know they will also benefit from the sham, holding thir viewing figures, so what remains is parents blinded by matenal/paternal instinct to the point that they won't look at the report objectively. And every time it works, while the only consequences the glorified con men consider is what's going to happen to their bank balance.
Tue 06/03/01 at 21:13
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Just goes to show...
Tue 25/04/00 at 15:11
Regular
"Under the Wall"
If any of you have seen the recent news articles on "surveys" into gaming and agressive behaviour, maybe you'll feel as dissapointed as me. It happens time and time again, foney researchers try to fool the population with their scaremongering results of cheap experiments.
This time they took two groups of individuals, one who played violent vidoe games, another who didn't, and found via 'psychological analysis' (which stinks of fudged results) that those who played violent games were in turn more agressive. Playing on parental fears and hiding behind scientific terms, they ignored the simple truth that those with more agressive personas will naturally tend towards more agressive games as a safe outlet. As always happens, there is nobody to point this out to the people watching or reading this, the news companies know they will also benefit from the sham, holding thir viewing figures, so what remains is parents blinded by matenal/paternal instinct to the point that they won't look at the report objectively. And every time it works, while the only consequences the glorified con men consider is what's going to happen to their bank balance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.