GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"50 odd Days..."

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/11/04 at 22:10
Regular
50 odd Days…

It was a pretty gloomy day. The howling winds swirled outside, piercing any un-expecting victim with their icy fingers. The leaves of early Autumn wafted gently to the carpeted ground, and under a suffering blue sky I sat. I sat there bored. I sat there wondering. I sat there waiting for a new opportunity, a new way to meet new people and talk about intelligent discussions. At school, my friends are engulfed in the world of football, and little old me with my feelings and my ‘Cube had to play along. I wanted something new to open up, a new world of different people.

Suddenly, I caught a glimpse of the postman, trotting up the driveway, holding numerous packages in his grasp whilst the shearing winds battered against him. He struggled toward the front door, and quickly deposited the contents of what he was holding through the letter box and was on his way. I got up, bored as a rusty nail and made my way toward the post. After flicking though a selection of bills and junk email, I came across a magazine, packaged in a shiny coating. Without hesitating, I tore through the transparent covering like a lion tearing it’s prey to pieces, and opened up this magazine, the words ‘Special Reserve’ branded at the top in bold.

For quarter past the hour, I flicked through this magazine, looking at the hardware sections and taking a peek at the deals for video games. Then, I can across an advert, printed in the corner of one of the pages. It said ‘Gameaday’. I sat there, perplexed. ‘Gameaday?’ I thought to myself. A free game away every day. I was drawn to this article, and then I turned to the front pages. Here I read about being a Platinum SR member and the advantages of this. For once, I was excited about going on the Internet. The usual ‘Jordan’ typed into the Images section of Google could be cast aside; I had a new reason to visit the almighty ‘Net.

So, after some negotiating with the madre I took my first trip to the site. Had a little browse about, and thought I’d enter my details. I then learned about the Gameaday competition, and in a matter of days I’d already posted a few reviews and had learned more about the site. But, every time I looked to the top-left of the site, the link ‘ukchatforums.com’ always caught hold of my pupils and drew them closer. A new opportunity was around the corner, and a chance to make a whole group of new friends.

I had a look on the forums, but didn’t dare post anything. I read through an array of random topics about games, entertainment and all sorts. But then I came across the ‘Life’ forums, and upon having a sneak inside I came across many stories. After reading a few, and knowing that I wasn’t a bad writer myself, I though I’d break myself to the SR people via a piece of writing. So, around 10 days in, I made my first post. My writing was entitled ‘First Day at School’, and you can obviously guess what it’s about. So, as shy as a nocturnal animal in daylight, I browsed around the forums, and it was only a matter of minutes before people started commenting on my story. And it was here I met my first SR friend; ‘The Hibernator’.

After Hibey introduced me to the ways of the forums, I adventured further, posting more topics and talking to more people. But, being a newbie, I was in-experienced and a bit of a spammer. But popularity was gained when I was involved in my first SR war; against ‘Tanoy’. Yep, I wasn’t impressed by his attitude and I had a bit of a go at him. But thankfully I had a whole host of other users rooting for me, so I felt good.

So time passed, and I was settling in nicely to the forums. But, I wasn’t without my problems. Due to my spamming and in-experienced ways, I got laughed at by quite a few users, but I stood up and took it on the chin. I also then made enemies with the villain himself; ‘Azul’. But, the days past and after 22 lively days on the forums I was now proclaimed as a regular. I know realised I needed to change my ways, and act in a sensible way. I made plenty more friends, Ashman being my biggest SR pal, and I got to who posts in what and who are the ‘nice’ people and the spamming losers.

On day 30 I won my very first GAD, and that has been followed by another recent win, so I’m liking the competition at the moment. But I’m sure after a while I will come to terms with the fact that you don’t win that often, so don’t get your hopes up when you add a pretty decent review.

And now I sit here, 50 odd days in, improving my posting ways and making friends with more people (I hope). I’m very glad I’ve found a great place to talk to some very intelligent and lovely people. And with the aid of GAD I’m writing reviews and stories, which is slowly increasing my passion for writing. I know a lot of people on the forums, and most of you are very interesting and fun people to talk to. But I’d like to thank the following people as they have made my time at SR all the more enjoyable and allowing me to talk to them on a scale that wouldn’t even enter the equation with my friends:

The Hibernator: My first SR mate. Made me feel welcome at a time where I was very nervous about meeting new people on the forums. A great guy. Cheers Hibey :D

Dante: Ye, you all hate him I know. And yes he is slightly weird. But I can’t help chatting to him. I myself am not exactly ‘normal’, so I and Dante share many similarities. You’re bloody bonkers mate, but I love you all the same.

Edgy: A fellow Welsh boy. He’s a brilliant guy and a joy to talk to. Cheers for the good times mate ;)

Nintendo forum regulars: People like Dringo, Strafio, JFH and Tiltawhirl. I’m starting to visit the Ninty forum the most and I love talking to you guys, even if, Dringo, you seem to correct everything I say. Great guys.

Icarus: Haven’t met you long mate, but you’re a great guy and I love talking to you.

Ashman: Well, what can I say? Ashman, you’re a cracking guy. A funny, thoughtful guy that I love talking to and I could spend hours just chatting to you on MSN. Cheers Ash ;)

SR: And how could I not thank them. Without them there would be no forums. Even though there are plenty of people out there who want to kill you all, I thank you for giving me this place to meet so many new people.

So, now I sit here, on a cold, winter’s night, under a velvet black sky. But this time in the knowledge that I have a new place to go and a whole new group of people to talk to.

Cheers guys, thanks for your time.
Wed 17/11/04 at 18:35
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Oh no! It's Azul!
He's evil and out to get us all!
Wed 17/11/04 at 18:33
Regular
Crumble wrote:
> It was a pretty gloomy day.

There's your answer, gaybys.
A wonderful example of juxtaposition.
Remarkable.
Tue 16/11/04 at 20:24
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I still don't understand how this is "creative writing".
Fri 12/11/04 at 01:39
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
lol. I didnt read all of it but what I read I liked. one thing though..flicking through bills and junk EMAIL?
Wed 10/11/04 at 22:13
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Wed 10/11/04 at 22:10
Regular
50 odd Days…

It was a pretty gloomy day. The howling winds swirled outside, piercing any un-expecting victim with their icy fingers. The leaves of early Autumn wafted gently to the carpeted ground, and under a suffering blue sky I sat. I sat there bored. I sat there wondering. I sat there waiting for a new opportunity, a new way to meet new people and talk about intelligent discussions. At school, my friends are engulfed in the world of football, and little old me with my feelings and my ‘Cube had to play along. I wanted something new to open up, a new world of different people.

Suddenly, I caught a glimpse of the postman, trotting up the driveway, holding numerous packages in his grasp whilst the shearing winds battered against him. He struggled toward the front door, and quickly deposited the contents of what he was holding through the letter box and was on his way. I got up, bored as a rusty nail and made my way toward the post. After flicking though a selection of bills and junk email, I came across a magazine, packaged in a shiny coating. Without hesitating, I tore through the transparent covering like a lion tearing it’s prey to pieces, and opened up this magazine, the words ‘Special Reserve’ branded at the top in bold.

For quarter past the hour, I flicked through this magazine, looking at the hardware sections and taking a peek at the deals for video games. Then, I can across an advert, printed in the corner of one of the pages. It said ‘Gameaday’. I sat there, perplexed. ‘Gameaday?’ I thought to myself. A free game away every day. I was drawn to this article, and then I turned to the front pages. Here I read about being a Platinum SR member and the advantages of this. For once, I was excited about going on the Internet. The usual ‘Jordan’ typed into the Images section of Google could be cast aside; I had a new reason to visit the almighty ‘Net.

So, after some negotiating with the madre I took my first trip to the site. Had a little browse about, and thought I’d enter my details. I then learned about the Gameaday competition, and in a matter of days I’d already posted a few reviews and had learned more about the site. But, every time I looked to the top-left of the site, the link ‘ukchatforums.com’ always caught hold of my pupils and drew them closer. A new opportunity was around the corner, and a chance to make a whole group of new friends.

I had a look on the forums, but didn’t dare post anything. I read through an array of random topics about games, entertainment and all sorts. But then I came across the ‘Life’ forums, and upon having a sneak inside I came across many stories. After reading a few, and knowing that I wasn’t a bad writer myself, I though I’d break myself to the SR people via a piece of writing. So, around 10 days in, I made my first post. My writing was entitled ‘First Day at School’, and you can obviously guess what it’s about. So, as shy as a nocturnal animal in daylight, I browsed around the forums, and it was only a matter of minutes before people started commenting on my story. And it was here I met my first SR friend; ‘The Hibernator’.

After Hibey introduced me to the ways of the forums, I adventured further, posting more topics and talking to more people. But, being a newbie, I was in-experienced and a bit of a spammer. But popularity was gained when I was involved in my first SR war; against ‘Tanoy’. Yep, I wasn’t impressed by his attitude and I had a bit of a go at him. But thankfully I had a whole host of other users rooting for me, so I felt good.

So time passed, and I was settling in nicely to the forums. But, I wasn’t without my problems. Due to my spamming and in-experienced ways, I got laughed at by quite a few users, but I stood up and took it on the chin. I also then made enemies with the villain himself; ‘Azul’. But, the days past and after 22 lively days on the forums I was now proclaimed as a regular. I know realised I needed to change my ways, and act in a sensible way. I made plenty more friends, Ashman being my biggest SR pal, and I got to who posts in what and who are the ‘nice’ people and the spamming losers.

On day 30 I won my very first GAD, and that has been followed by another recent win, so I’m liking the competition at the moment. But I’m sure after a while I will come to terms with the fact that you don’t win that often, so don’t get your hopes up when you add a pretty decent review.

And now I sit here, 50 odd days in, improving my posting ways and making friends with more people (I hope). I’m very glad I’ve found a great place to talk to some very intelligent and lovely people. And with the aid of GAD I’m writing reviews and stories, which is slowly increasing my passion for writing. I know a lot of people on the forums, and most of you are very interesting and fun people to talk to. But I’d like to thank the following people as they have made my time at SR all the more enjoyable and allowing me to talk to them on a scale that wouldn’t even enter the equation with my friends:

The Hibernator: My first SR mate. Made me feel welcome at a time where I was very nervous about meeting new people on the forums. A great guy. Cheers Hibey :D

Dante: Ye, you all hate him I know. And yes he is slightly weird. But I can’t help chatting to him. I myself am not exactly ‘normal’, so I and Dante share many similarities. You’re bloody bonkers mate, but I love you all the same.

Edgy: A fellow Welsh boy. He’s a brilliant guy and a joy to talk to. Cheers for the good times mate ;)

Nintendo forum regulars: People like Dringo, Strafio, JFH and Tiltawhirl. I’m starting to visit the Ninty forum the most and I love talking to you guys, even if, Dringo, you seem to correct everything I say. Great guys.

Icarus: Haven’t met you long mate, but you’re a great guy and I love talking to you.

Ashman: Well, what can I say? Ashman, you’re a cracking guy. A funny, thoughtful guy that I love talking to and I could spend hours just chatting to you on MSN. Cheers Ash ;)

SR: And how could I not thank them. Without them there would be no forums. Even though there are plenty of people out there who want to kill you all, I thank you for giving me this place to meet so many new people.

So, now I sit here, on a cold, winter’s night, under a velvet black sky. But this time in the knowledge that I have a new place to go and a whole new group of people to talk to.

Cheers guys, thanks for your time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.