GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Martin Cambell to direct Bond 21"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/11/04 at 10:09
Regular
Good and bad news I'd say. The James Bond franchise has always been famous for giving many directors a chance at Bond. Even good old Tarantino wants to direct his very own Bond film. But instead they've given Martin Cambell the job of bringing in a new James Bond.

So it is bad news in that we haven't got ourselves a new director but the better news is that the one this guy did before was Goldeneye. Which is by far one of the best James Bond films.

So maybe we'll see a new ressurection to the franchise.
Wed 10/11/04 at 10:09
Regular
Good and bad news I'd say. The James Bond franchise has always been famous for giving many directors a chance at Bond. Even good old Tarantino wants to direct his very own Bond film. But instead they've given Martin Cambell the job of bringing in a new James Bond.

So it is bad news in that we haven't got ourselves a new director but the better news is that the one this guy did before was Goldeneye. Which is by far one of the best James Bond films.

So maybe we'll see a new ressurection to the franchise.
Wed 10/11/04 at 10:19
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I hope that, along with the director, whichever new actor becomes Bond we see another change in style for the franchise. Perphaps a lean back to the golden area of the series when the stories were actually good and there was a bit of humour in the films. Nowadays we just have ott action, rubbish CGI and awful double-entendre-filled scripts, and poor villains.
We want hollowed out volcano lairs, evil super villains with hideous deformities and quirky henchmen, Bond back in a safari suit and some innovative action and stunt set pieces.

The trouble with James Bond is that once the original source material was used up, finding ideas for new films became harder and harder, but there has to be some script writer out there capable of creating a decent action spy romp, rather than some monkey bashing out a script filled with mindless action and CGI-assisted stunts.
Wed 10/11/04 at 10:47
Regular
yeah the only truly freak villain we've had in recent years is Robert carlyle, I thought the world is not enough was pretty good, goldeneye immense, and the other 2 brosnans were alright but not great.
Wed 10/11/04 at 22:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Some of the recent films have good things in them - Bond being captured in DAD, the injury in TWISNE - add a bit of 'realism' (schya) to them. But still, I can't really define a really good Bond film. Just the bad ones.
Wed 10/11/04 at 23:09
"period drama"
I died a little at all the painful inneundo in the new Bond film.
If that's supposed to be suave and sophisticated, I'd be the king of women by now.
Wed 10/11/04 at 23:10
"period drama"
And it must be said - a lot of the old Bond films are just plain terrible.
Wed 10/11/04 at 23:17
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Cyclone wrote:
> Some of the recent films have good things in them - Bond being
> captured in DAD, the injury in TWISNE - add a bit of 'realism'
> (schya) to them. But still, I can't really define a really good Bond
> film. Just the bad ones.

Goldeneye I think is the best one so far, cant believe how Jude Law is linked with being Bond, he looks twelve. C'mon MGM get Guy Pierce or Christian Bale ffs
Wed 10/11/04 at 23:27
"I love yo... lamp."
I'd back Bale for Bond. But they should consider somebody a bit out there, a bit unexpected. Jeremy Northam for instance. But I guess he'd be like Timothy Dalton mark two. So maybe not.

But not Jude Law, because lets face it, bad guys would just laugh at him. Same goes for Ewan MacGregor. We going to have Yoda as Q?

Perhaps Dougray Scott would do, but he's a bit bland I think. Other than bad guy in Mission Impossible 2, and poncy dude in Ever After or whatever it was, has he ever been in any other movies?

Or perhaps Matthew McFadyen. Tom Quinn from Spooks. He'd be good, has the look, has a sort of ruthless edge and has experience playing spies.

Anyway, just not Jude Law or Hugh Jackman. No ponces, no Americans.

I suppose Campbell ought to make a decent movie, but the script is the main thing.
Wed 10/11/04 at 23:33
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Less CGI b******t and a good intelligent plot, with naked Bond girls : D
Thu 11/11/04 at 07:34
Regular
The CGI in Die Another Day was just laughable :-0-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.