GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tony Adams leaves Wycombe..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/11/04 at 18:21
Regular
Adams resigns as Wycombe manager

The former England captain, who took over in November 2003 but failed to prevent the club being relegated, told his players on Tuesday he was leaving.

He said in a statement: "It is with regret that I resign from the post of manager due to personal reasons."

Club director Alan Parry said: "I can confirm pretty categorically that Tony Adams will no longer be managing Wycombe Wanderers football club."

Parry admitted that Adams' reign at the Causeway Stadium had been disappointing but said he was not forced to quit the club.

He added: "He's had 46 league games, and he only managed to achieve nine victories which is a disappointing return.

"But at one stage in August and September we were top of the table. We have plummeted to 17th but with another three or four wins we could be back in the top four again.

"Nobody in the football club has put any pressure on him to leave. I think this is a decision entirely of his own making."

In his statement, Adams said he thought the Chairboys had the makings of a good team.

Adams said: "I would like to thank everybody connected with Wycombe for the time I have spent with them.

"I believe the team is in early development and it saddens me to have to leave before finishing the job I started.

"I am sure (head coach) Pete (Cawley) and the players can continue with their good work and achieve all the success that they are worth and is their due."

Wycombe finished bottom of the table last season and, despite a promising start to the present campaign, they have again struggled.

Wycombe went top of League Two on 11 September after a win at Southend but they have since earned just four points from the last 24 available as they have plummeted down the table.

:c\
Tue 09/11/04 at 18:21
Regular
Adams resigns as Wycombe manager

The former England captain, who took over in November 2003 but failed to prevent the club being relegated, told his players on Tuesday he was leaving.

He said in a statement: "It is with regret that I resign from the post of manager due to personal reasons."

Club director Alan Parry said: "I can confirm pretty categorically that Tony Adams will no longer be managing Wycombe Wanderers football club."

Parry admitted that Adams' reign at the Causeway Stadium had been disappointing but said he was not forced to quit the club.

He added: "He's had 46 league games, and he only managed to achieve nine victories which is a disappointing return.

"But at one stage in August and September we were top of the table. We have plummeted to 17th but with another three or four wins we could be back in the top four again.

"Nobody in the football club has put any pressure on him to leave. I think this is a decision entirely of his own making."

In his statement, Adams said he thought the Chairboys had the makings of a good team.

Adams said: "I would like to thank everybody connected with Wycombe for the time I have spent with them.

"I believe the team is in early development and it saddens me to have to leave before finishing the job I started.

"I am sure (head coach) Pete (Cawley) and the players can continue with their good work and achieve all the success that they are worth and is their due."

Wycombe finished bottom of the table last season and, despite a promising start to the present campaign, they have again struggled.

Wycombe went top of League Two on 11 September after a win at Southend but they have since earned just four points from the last 24 available as they have plummeted down the table.

:c\
Tue 09/11/04 at 21:28
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
After Santini, we now know that 'personal reasons' mean the club is just too crap :p
Tue 09/11/04 at 22:42
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Can we have him?

Please?

PLEASE?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.