GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Corrupted Memory Files"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/12/04 at 23:32
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I was recently playing Tony Hawks Underground 2. I went to save my game like usual and the dreaded scenario happened. It froze up on me when it was saving. I was lucky enough not to lose any of the data on my memory card but it said that the T.H.U.G. 2 file had been corrupted. When I go to load it in the game it says that the file is damaged so I was forced to delete it and lose all of my progress. Anyone else had the same problem and does anyone know why the hell it happens?
Thu 30/12/04 at 13:33
Regular
Chr1s wrote:
> Ashley_90 wrote:
> Anyway, the same thing happened to me and mine was official.
>
> What game were you playing?

GTA San Andreas.

And no, I wasn't cheating.
Wed 29/12/04 at 22:34
Regular
Chr1s wrote:
> Reefer wrote:
> That's what you get for using unofficial peripherals.
>
> Where in my message did I say I used an unofficial peripheral. I used
> an official PS2 memory card and nothing else. I don't use action
> replay max or any of that crap. Did you think you were being smart by
> saying this. Do you even know the meaning of the word
> "peripheral".

Woah, calm it, and yes, I know what a peripheral is. Anyway, glad to hear you're not one of the numpties who uses those awful unofficial cards. Can't really help you though, other than to tell you to make a backup of it the next time you play on a second card.
Wed 29/12/04 at 20:36
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Ashley_90 wrote:
> Anyway, the same thing happened to me and mine was official.

What game were you playing?
Wed 29/12/04 at 18:32
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Calm down dear, it's just a commercial.

Anyway, the same thing happened to me and mine was official.
Wed 29/12/04 at 14:32
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Reefer wrote:
> That's what you get for using unofficial peripherals.

Where in my message did I say I used an unofficial peripheral. I used an official PS2 memory card and nothing else. I don't use action replay max or any of that crap. Did you think you were being smart by saying this. Do you even know the meaning of the word "peripheral".
Tue 28/12/04 at 23:44
Regular
That's what you get for using unofficial peripherals.
Tue 28/12/04 at 23:32
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I was recently playing Tony Hawks Underground 2. I went to save my game like usual and the dreaded scenario happened. It froze up on me when it was saving. I was lucky enough not to lose any of the data on my memory card but it said that the T.H.U.G. 2 file had been corrupted. When I go to load it in the game it says that the file is damaged so I was forced to delete it and lose all of my progress. Anyone else had the same problem and does anyone know why the hell it happens?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.