GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SmartFTP Help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/11/04 at 18:38
Regular
It's not necessarily only SmartFTP, but this is what I use.

Anyway.

What do I shove in the server field for the login?
I keep getting "incorrect login" when I try to connect, and it's definitely not the username/pass that's incorrect, as I can easily access the admin through http://firestorm.staghosting.com/admin using the same login.

I've tried all sorts - ftp://firestorm.staghosting, firestorm.staghosting.com etc etc, but all to no avail.

Cheeeers.
Sun 14/11/04 at 11:48
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Garin wrote:
> Miserableman wrote:
> So I sat up past midnight typing all that for nothing >:O(
>
> I could try answering your question about poppadoms if you like. :-)

Go for it.
Fri 12/11/04 at 16:02
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Miserableman wrote:

I could try answering your question about poppadoms if you like. :-)
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:42
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Miserableman wrote:

Don't be so miserable, man...
Fri 12/11/04 at 15:14
Regular
"go to sleep..."
what was young squire banned for?
Thu 11/11/04 at 14:51
Regular
"bing bang bong"
So I sat up past midnight typing all that for nothing >:O(
Wed 10/11/04 at 00:08
Regular
"bing bang bong"
> Listen to Coin, he speaks sense.

Seeing as the original poster has been banned, this thread is now about Coin dispensing his wisdom, so that we may listen to his 'sense'. Questions may be put to Coin about life, love, the hardships of the working world, the stock market, car-rental options in Uganda, the crazy pronounciation of the name Siobhan or anything else that may be troubling you. No doubt if he considers your question worthy of a response, he will honour it later in the thread:

Coin, the poppadoms at my local Indian are always very dry and very crispy, as poppadums should be. I try to replicate this feat of culinery engineering at home, but whenever I try to make them in my deep fat fryer they are very crispy but always saturated in grease. How do Indian restaurants make greaseless poppadoms?

Coin, ever since I've moved some Guppies from my small fish tank to my main tank, I've noticed that their tail fins are getting progressively more damaged. I suspect this may be because they are getting sucked into the fluval inlets - is there anything that can be done to protect the Guppies, or am I going to have to move them back again? If I move them back into the small tank the male and female Guppies will be re-united and will start to procreate - is there any humane way of preventing this? Or am I barking up the wrong tree regarding the fluval damaging the fish's tails?

Coin, I have been learning guitar intermittently for over a year now, but I just can't seem to find the will to progress and end up leaving it for months at a time. Are there any tips, tricks, techniques or songs you recommend I look up that might help me stick at it? I like Radiohead, if that's any help.

Coin, I'm looking for a new hifi system for my new flat and wondered if you had any advice for me. I would like an amplifier/speaker set that can project clear audio at reasonable volume across a large room (I don't need something excessively loud) into which I can plug my computer, my television and good quality headphones for a good price, preferably £200 or less. Surround sound is not necessary. Do you have any recommendations regarding where to shop, what brands to pick or avoid, any deals I should look out for or even what time of year is the best to buy? It may also help you to know that I'm open to the idea of building the sound system in stages, if that changes things.

Coin, I have always had trouble finding the motivation to go to bed at a reasonable hour. I keep promising myself I will retire before midnight but I always seem to find some excuse to stay up at my computer until 1am/2am, or even beyond. Last night and the night before last I didn't get into bed until 2am because I was trying to configure a mail server that could easily have waited until the next day, and tonight I'm up past midnight writing this stupid joke parody thread for no reason at all. Are there any motivational words, tips, techniques or practises you can impart to me that might help me go to bed on time? I have often let sleep deprivation get to the stage where it affected my ability to concentrate at University or work, and now I have a good job that I've worked hard to get, I don't want to jeopardise that by not going to bed on time.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me Coin. May your words of sense in this thread be a guide to all of us!
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:55
Regular
"Bicycle"
phi111ip wrote:
> Coin wrote:
> Oh, and it may well be "username"@yourdomain.com .
>
> Listen to Coin, he speaks sense.

Damn straight!
Tue 09/11/04 at 08:32
Regular
Coin wrote:
> Oh, and it may well be "username"@yourdomain.com .

Aha!
Tue 09/11/04 at 08:31
Regular
Yeah, it's alright, I got it sorted.
I asked someone on MSN about it, and they reminded me of username@... in the login.
Tue 09/11/04 at 00:15
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Somewhere in the staghosting docs will be details of how to connect to it via ftp (if it's possible). It should give you a server address, port number, and tell you what variant of your username/password to use.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.