GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BURY THE GAMECUBE!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/05/01 at 19:33
Regular
Well, the rumours have been scattered throughout our e-mails, and now, it looks as if these rumours could become a reality.
Think of the headlines:"NINTENDO DITCH GAMECUBE!"
Actually, come to think of it, it wouldn't be much of a headline, would it? I mean, IF they do decide to call for the abortion on their new console, it would be yesterdays news as far as we're concerned wouldn't it?
Anyway, the question remains, what would Nintendo do if they did infact ditch the Gamecube?

-Would they start to develop a new console? -NO, it appears that most, if not all consumers have lost fate in the former king of developers.

-How about continue to support the N64 with not-so-great titles?-NO, the fact is, the N64 is into its latter years now, and it will be soon time to send it to the peaceful place in the sky.

Fine, then, What are Nintendo to do?
Well, what they should really do, is follow Segas lead and forget about consoles, and do what they do best, and that is create quality games for the PS2 and X-Box.

Nintendo, don't waste your time, BURY THE GAMECUBE!
Move to the dark side......
Thu 10/05/01 at 21:20
Nintendo aren't dumping the cube, it's a publisity stunt to get people talking about it.
Thu 10/05/01 at 21:20
"possibly impossible"
Everyone knows (I hope) that I'm not biased against any one console, the post was proving a point that all games machine companies are currently feeling that the market is tough at the moment.

Sony were only in it at the beginning because they saw an opening to make money, and in all fairness so were Nintendo and Sega to an extent, but they are 90% games companies, while Sony is an electronics company with a small (compared to the rest of the company) games arm, so they are the ones more likely to look at the market, shrug their shoulders and leave without a scratch, especially with the problems the PS2 has faced so far.

But, despite the PS2s hardware and shipping problems, the console is selling well and Sony is (very slowly) ensuring a games line up (good or indifferent, depending on your view of the games on offer) and already has a dedicated following for such a young console company.

Nintendo and Sega both have their fans of old and many new followers day by day. Despite their problems, Sega have found a way to survive and even make money where others are losing it, they will return with a console when the time is right. Nintendo are the company for pure games people, they don't care about extra bits and bobs, just the fact that their console can play good games. They also make those games that are untainted by 'modern' ideals of gamesplayers in not supplying all their games as if the world was full of teenagers wanting to look 'cool' because they've bought a game with blood in it (gosh!) or lots of FMV and music by some hiphop band (gee!), sometimes to the detriment of the company, but not to the games.

My view, of course. But there you go!
Thu 10/05/01 at 21:16
Regular
Dringo wrote:
Oh and no DVD drive because unlike teh pS2 it is a
> Games machine.

I assume you mean dedicated games machine, otherwise you are saying the PS2 isn`t a gams machine, which would cause offence and arguments.
Thu 10/05/01 at 21:08
Regular
"You've upset me"
Nintendo WILL NOT BE DITCHING THE GAMECUBE.

That WOULD be corporate suicide, loads and loads of Nintendo fans are waiting expectantly for the GC to arrive, Nintendo admittadly push back release dates but have never frozen anything at all before (part from the 64DD) and I don't think they're gonna start now!

TPS
Thu 10/05/01 at 21:01
Regular
Grix, Time Warp, Mr. Dark, Zelda pro, er-no, PB and so many more on here alone.

Oh and no DVD drive because unlike teh pS2 it is a Games machine.

Dringo
Thu 10/05/01 at 20:53
Regular
"Forum Tweener"
WOW!
Guys, I was only giving my opinion, maybe there is more Nintendo fans out there than I thought. Like maybe....2 or 3....
Thu 10/05/01 at 20:26
"possibly impossible"
Lol!

I'm too lazy to take out the > signs, so I found a quick way around it!
Thu 10/05/01 at 20:22
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I'm just to lazy to think of doing soething like that!?
Thu 10/05/01 at 20:18
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
pure wisdom.
Thu 10/05/01 at 20:12
"possibly impossible"
I copied and pasted it instead, it gets rid of those > signs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.