GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have Nintendo Lost It?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/04/00 at 22:46
Regular
Personally I love Nintendo and what they have done for the gaming industry; the games they have supplied to us have been revolutionary, top rate and must haves, and the consoles themselves have also been top notch, but sad to say, in their last outing with the N64, they lost out big time to Sony's Playstation. This is sad because the N64 is a really good piece of kit with a heap of extreamly excellent games eg. Zelda, Mario, GoldenEye, Mario Party, Smash Bros, the Turok games, Shadowman, etc. I feel really sorry for Nintendo in that the N64 did not make the breakthrough that it should have done and is seen as a second rate console for kids with hardley any games. People do not realise that the N64 is not "just for kids" with games with as much gore as any Playstation game in games such as the Turok series, Resident Evil 2, and Shadowman. I would love to see Nintendo on the top spot once again like they deserve, and I was expecting they would do this with Dolphin, seens the spec. is considerably better than the Playstation 2's, but I am starting to get severe doubts.
To start with when their was a worldwide Christmas 2000 release date scheduled for Dolphin, I thought great, PS2 out in Europe and America about the same time so it should be fair and hopefully Nintendo will come out on top.
However, then that date was scrapped, meaning that the PS2 will be out worldwide before Dolphin is even out in Japan. BANG! (Sound of shooting oneself in the foot) What are Nintendo doing! The main reason that the N64 fell to the PSX is because of the numerous delays it suffered! Everone had seen how good the PSX looked, bought one and didn't want to shell out for another console (which at the time had very little games). I'm starting to feel deja vu already! I am in no doubt that at the end of it all the Dolphin will be a better console overall than the PS2 (in the same way as the N64 in my mind is better that the PSX), but will it come out on top???! The way Nintendo are going at the moment I doubt it.
Why are Nintendo not displaying Dolphin at the E3 show? They need to if they want success! They need people to know what it is all about and how it is going to revelutionanize the games industry.
If Nintendo want the success they deserve, and to be top dog again, they need to stop mucking about with the N64, get their rears in gear, and get going on Dolphin with massive publisity and advertising campaigns to get the public's mouthes watering. Perhaps then people will see what a great console this will be and therefore they will buy one and subsequently lots of games.
I'm a great fan of Nintendo's, and always have been, but if they don't get rid of those "blinkers" and that "tunnel vision", for how much longer, I don't know!
Tue 25/04/00 at 22:46
Personally I love Nintendo and what they have done for the gaming industry; the games they have supplied to us have been revolutionary, top rate and must haves, and the consoles themselves have also been top notch, but sad to say, in their last outing with the N64, they lost out big time to Sony's Playstation. This is sad because the N64 is a really good piece of kit with a heap of extreamly excellent games eg. Zelda, Mario, GoldenEye, Mario Party, Smash Bros, the Turok games, Shadowman, etc. I feel really sorry for Nintendo in that the N64 did not make the breakthrough that it should have done and is seen as a second rate console for kids with hardley any games. People do not realise that the N64 is not "just for kids" with games with as much gore as any Playstation game in games such as the Turok series, Resident Evil 2, and Shadowman. I would love to see Nintendo on the top spot once again like they deserve, and I was expecting they would do this with Dolphin, seens the spec. is considerably better than the Playstation 2's, but I am starting to get severe doubts.
To start with when their was a worldwide Christmas 2000 release date scheduled for Dolphin, I thought great, PS2 out in Europe and America about the same time so it should be fair and hopefully Nintendo will come out on top.
However, then that date was scrapped, meaning that the PS2 will be out worldwide before Dolphin is even out in Japan. BANG! (Sound of shooting oneself in the foot) What are Nintendo doing! The main reason that the N64 fell to the PSX is because of the numerous delays it suffered! Everone had seen how good the PSX looked, bought one and didn't want to shell out for another console (which at the time had very little games). I'm starting to feel deja vu already! I am in no doubt that at the end of it all the Dolphin will be a better console overall than the PS2 (in the same way as the N64 in my mind is better that the PSX), but will it come out on top???! The way Nintendo are going at the moment I doubt it.
Why are Nintendo not displaying Dolphin at the E3 show? They need to if they want success! They need people to know what it is all about and how it is going to revelutionanize the games industry.
If Nintendo want the success they deserve, and to be top dog again, they need to stop mucking about with the N64, get their rears in gear, and get going on Dolphin with massive publisity and advertising campaigns to get the public's mouthes watering. Perhaps then people will see what a great console this will be and therefore they will buy one and subsequently lots of games.
I'm a great fan of Nintendo's, and always have been, but if they don't get rid of those "blinkers" and that "tunnel vision", for how much longer, I don't know!
Wed 26/04/00 at 12:41
Alex wrote:
Personally I love Nintendo and what they have done for the gaming
industry; the games they have supplied to us have been
revolutionary, top rate and must haves, and the consoles
themselves have also been top notch, but sad to say, in their last
outing with the N64, they lost out big time to Sony's Playstation.
This is sad because the N64 is a really good piece of kit with a
heap of extreamly excellent games eg. Zelda, Mario, GoldenEye,
Mario Party, Smash Bros, the Turok games, Shadowman, etc. I feel
really sorry for Nintendo in that the N64 did not make the
breakthrough that it should have done and is seen as a second rate
console for kids with hardley any games. People do not realise
that the N64 is not "just for kids" with games with as much gore
as any Playstation game in games such as the Turok series,
Resident Evil 2, and Shadowman. I would love to see Nintendo on
the top spot once again like they deserve, and I was expecting
they would do this with Dolphin, seens the spec. is considerably
better than the Playstation 2's, but I am starting to get severe
doubts.
To start with when their was a worldwide Christmas 2000 release
date scheduled for Dolphin, I thought great, PS2 out in Europe and
America about the same time so it should be fair and hopefully
Nintendo will come out on top.
However, then that date was scrapped, meaning that the PS2 will be
out worldwide before Dolphin is even out in Japan. BANG! (Sound of
shooting oneself in the foot) What are Nintendo doing! The main
reason that the N64 fell to the PSX is because of the numerous
delays it suffered! Everone had seen how good the PSX looked,
bought one and didn't want to shell out for another console (which
at the time had very little games). I'm starting to feel deja vu
already! I am in no doubt that at the end of it all the Dolphin
will be a better console overall than the PS2 (in the same way as
the N64 in my mind is better that the PSX), but will it come out
on top???! The way Nintendo are going at the moment I doubt it.
Why are Nintendo not displaying Dolphin at the E3 show? They need
to if they want success! They need people to know what it is all
about and how it is going to revelutionanize the games industry.
If Nintendo want the success they deserve, and to be top dog
again, they need to stop mucking about with the N64, get their
rears in gear, and get going on Dolphin with massive publisity and
advertising campaigns to get the public's mouthes watering.
Perhaps then people will see what a great console this will be and
therefore they will buy one and subsequently lots of games.
I'm a great fan of Nintendo's, and always have been, but if they
don't get rid of those "blinkers" and that "tunnel vision", for
how much longer, I don't know!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.