GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top 3 games ever on consoles"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/05/01 at 19:29
Regular
In my opinion
1)Metal Gear Solid (to be replaced by MGS2)
2)Final Fantasy VIII (to be replaced by FFX)
3)SSX

what are your top 3 games
Thu 17/05/01 at 12:38
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Army Men 2
Army Men 3
Army Men 4
Thu 17/05/01 at 12:36
Regular
1)Zelda (GB)
2)MGS
3)ISS PRO EVO 2

None of the above are better than Monkey Island 1&2 on the PC. Although the Amiga versions looked better disk swapping loses ut to the PC's continuous play. Day of the tentacle is up there two.
Thu 17/05/01 at 10:17
I think you guys have a point, 2D games are not respected anymore although often they are more playable than their 3D successors.
I wouldnt go as far as saying that the old games are better in every case, although I will say that they were generally easier to pick up and play and therefore more fun. Many of todays modern games are getting so complex that you cant play them with frends unless they spend hours learning the control system first.
Thu 17/05/01 at 00:05
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Sorry confused by the post before I meant Zelda Links Awakening not Ocarina of Time however that was a good game but was far too easy and less challenging then this gameboy game.
Thu 17/05/01 at 00:03
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I have to agree with SonicRav. The best games were the older games. The older games focused more on top class gameplay rather than superb graphics, and making sure they use the best technology as they do now.

The Mega Drive, SNES, Gameboy have all been successful because the gameplay of alot of their games is top class. Lets face it the best games were the 2D games. Mario Kart on the SNES was so much better than on the N64. Sonic on the Dreamcast was poor compared to its predecessors Sonic 1 and 2 on the Mega Drive, both absolutely brilliant games. Nothing can match Sonic 2 no wonder it sold so many copies and the co-operative mode was wonderful. This I have to say is up there as one of the best games ever. I waited ages for this game, I'd played Sonic 1 and it was one of the most anticipated games of my childhood. It blew everything else away. It was platforming at it's best. Today 2D is basically dead and not respected by many people as it 'hasn't got the best graphics' and 'isn't 3d' etc.. All I can say is thank god for the gameboy. Shear class and the games on it kill time on a long unpleasant journey. Zelda the Ocarina of Time was one of the most enjoyable games on those journeys as was Mario 2.

Forget the new games I'm going with the old. Nothing can beat them.
Wed 16/05/01 at 23:24
Regular
"Whatever!"
1. Zelda Ocarina of Time
2. Goldeneye
3. Shenmue
Wed 16/05/01 at 22:30
Regular
"Excommunicated"
SonicRav wrote:
> Too many people have forgotten old games. For example, Zelda oot may
> be great, but id it as revolutionary as the first zelda game (well
> actually that was a bad example because it is... but u get my
> point!)

Anyway, here are my all time top 3:

1) NIGHTS- The
> greatest, most original sega game ever. Even more radical than Jet
> set. Naka's best work :)

2) Mario Kart (SNES)- fantastic game.
> Far better than the N64 version in my view. Multiplayer mode was
> great! The chance to play 4 players on the gba is fantastic!

3)
> Zelda- don't ask which one... but every one is so much better than
> the last, so I'm tempted to go for Zelda OOT (ain't played MM). This
> is Shigsy's best work!

Sonic

Well Said
Wed 16/05/01 at 21:45
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Too many people have forgotten old games. For example, Zelda oot may be great, but id it as revolutionary as the first zelda game (well actually that was a bad example because it is... but u get my point!)

Anyway, here are my all time top 3:

1) NIGHTS- The greatest, most original sega game ever. Even more radical than Jet set. Naka's best work :)

2) Mario Kart (SNES)- fantastic game. Far better than the N64 version in my view. Multiplayer mode was great! The chance to play 4 players on the gba is fantastic!

3) Zelda- don't ask which one... but every one is so much better than the last, so I'm tempted to go for Zelda OOT (ain't played MM). This is Shigsy's best work!

Sonic
Wed 16/05/01 at 21:36
1.Zelda Oot (n64)
2.Metal Gear Solid (psx)
3.Pokemon blue (gb)
4.Zelda MM (n64)
5.The Sims (pc)
6.Time Crisis 2 (arcade)
7.Harvest moon: B2N (psx)
8.Tekken tag t (ps2)

Not quite 3, but 8!
Wed 16/05/01 at 21:28
Regular
"You've upset me"
1. Mario World (SNES)
2. Mario Kart (SNES and N64)
3. Monkey Island 1 + 2 (and probably 3 when it's released!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.