GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alone in the Dark"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 08/11/04 at 13:48
Regular
"Bow to me!"
I've just been lucking through a list of future film releases and found that there is to be an Alone in the Dark movie coming out sometime next year. Most people will have probably heard of this as a game, and this is basically just a film version of it, with real actors obviously. In my oppinion the game was very good, probably Resident Evil's closest competitor for a long time. It had a better storyline than Resident Evil but the action was lacking in comparison. Here's what I have found out about it, from IMDb.

Edward Carnby, detective of the paranormal, unexplained and supernatural, investigates a mystery (the recent death of a friend) with clues leading to "Shadow Island" that brings him face to face with bizarre horrors that prove both psychologically disturbing and lethal, as he discovers that evil demons worshiped by an ancient culture called the Abskani are planning on coming back to life in the 21st century to once again take over the world... and only he and a young genius anthropologist with an incredible memory (and his ex-girlfriend), Aline Cedrac (Reid), stand in their way, at a gateway to hell. Standing in Carnby's way, however, is the impact that a brief encounter with an evil spirit called the Queen had upon his mind, as he slowly finds himself overpowered by the forces of darkness as they eat away at his very sanity...

Looks pretty good and I will probably go to see it or buy i when its out. Depends what reviews it gets at the time. If its anything like the game then its well worth seeing. Lets hope!
Mon 08/11/04 at 23:31
Regular
"Bow to me!"
Im sure it will never make it to the UK, or if its as bad as you say it is then lets hope all the coppies of it spontaneously combust. I never read anything about it really, just the plot, not how well it was made. I just thought it had a good chance to become a movie because the game was good, but it looks like its going to be far from good.
Mon 08/11/04 at 18:43
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Apparently it's even worst than HOTD. That was astoundingly terrible, so god knows how bad AITD will be. Cannot wait to see it.
Mon 08/11/04 at 14:03
Regular
"A man with a stick"
A film Directed by Uwe Bowl, who's last movie, also based on a game (The House of the Dead) was considered by many as being one of the worst movies of all time.

I've seen a bit of the Alone in the Dark film, it looks tripe. A scene where Christian Slater and Tara Reid shoot wildly in the dark as huge pin pong ball sized tracer rounds fire off all over the place, meanwhile crappy CGI aliens roam about adding and extra layer of crapness to an already crappy looking film.

Uwe can't even secure a distributor to release it either.
Mon 08/11/04 at 13:49
"BK QERN HT4UT 5MN T"
sXSHJDIV, JD12
Mon 08/11/04 at 13:48
Regular
"Bow to me!"
I've just been lucking through a list of future film releases and found that there is to be an Alone in the Dark movie coming out sometime next year. Most people will have probably heard of this as a game, and this is basically just a film version of it, with real actors obviously. In my oppinion the game was very good, probably Resident Evil's closest competitor for a long time. It had a better storyline than Resident Evil but the action was lacking in comparison. Here's what I have found out about it, from IMDb.

Edward Carnby, detective of the paranormal, unexplained and supernatural, investigates a mystery (the recent death of a friend) with clues leading to "Shadow Island" that brings him face to face with bizarre horrors that prove both psychologically disturbing and lethal, as he discovers that evil demons worshiped by an ancient culture called the Abskani are planning on coming back to life in the 21st century to once again take over the world... and only he and a young genius anthropologist with an incredible memory (and his ex-girlfriend), Aline Cedrac (Reid), stand in their way, at a gateway to hell. Standing in Carnby's way, however, is the impact that a brief encounter with an evil spirit called the Queen had upon his mind, as he slowly finds himself overpowered by the forces of darkness as they eat away at his very sanity...

Looks pretty good and I will probably go to see it or buy i when its out. Depends what reviews it gets at the time. If its anything like the game then its well worth seeing. Lets hope!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.