GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
" "As God Is My Witness, I Thought Turkeys Could Fly""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/11/06 at 00:53
Regular
Cincinnati, OH--An advertising stunt dreamed up by a local Cincinnati radio station went terribly wrong when twenty live turkeys plummeted to their deaths after being dropped out of a helicopter under the misguided assumption that they would all just fly away.

"The turkeys were hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement," stated Les Nessman, who reported the event live for station WKRP from the parking lot of the Pinedale Shopping Mall.

"It was just terrible. People started to panic and were running around the parking lot screaming. One of the turkeys even went right through the windshield of a parked car."

Station Manager Arthur Carlson took full responsibility for the chaos caused by the Thanksgiving Day promotion, claiming that "as God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." The station promised to reimburse anybody who suffered property damage as a result of this stunt.

WKRP is a "beautiful music" station that ranks 16th in the 18 station Cincinnati market. They are currently considering a format change in hopes of boosting their dismal ratings.

----

Oh dear, :S How'd they get 20 turkeys in a helicopter anyway?
Fri 24/11/06 at 13:12
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Machie wrote:
> You might want to edit that before kawada sees it :)

No need, i'm used to such generalising idiocy. I have been using the internet for quite a while now :-D
Fri 24/11/06 at 13:03
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I don't feel so guilty about laughing when I read the original post now :D
Fri 24/11/06 at 12:49
Regular
"Mooching around"
I'm not fussed, now it's just a very stupid plot line.
Fri 24/11/06 at 12:47
Regular
Oi I posted this Garin, I'm no idiot, I just didnt realise I had to rename it to .shtml
Fri 24/11/06 at 12:45
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Erm...
This is actually a plot line from a 70/80s american sitcom called WKRP in Cincinnati.

Information about it

So stupid americans? Hmm...how about stupid people who automatically believe everything they read on the internet. ;)
Fri 24/11/06 at 12:31
Regular
"Mooching around"
I was thinking of putting something in small around there, but this seemed to have the potential to entertain me more.
Fri 24/11/06 at 12:28
Regular
You might want to edit that before kawada sees it :)
Fri 24/11/06 at 12:26
Regular
"Mooching around"
That's horrible, what kind of an uneducated... Ah, he was American, this explains it all.
Fri 24/11/06 at 11:45
"possibly impossible"
That can't be real, can it? Surely no-one can be THAT stupid?
Fri 24/11/06 at 11:40
Regular
What an idiot. I hope PETA shoot him.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.