GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stupid Vince"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/11/04 at 20:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Watching RAW yesterday made me really uncomfortable, not because of the crap wrestling on display once again and realising just how low the WWE has dropped in quality but because of the whole Mohammed Hassan angle (or whatever his name is)

Is Vince totally brain dead? Making a gimmick out of 9/11? Was that the best he could come up with during the creative meeting?

*hmmm ok now what to do with this guy.......hmmm he's an Arab......got it!!! let's make a whole angle about 9/11, that won't be totally in poor taste at all will it? The fans will surely love that and i'll rake in loads of money*

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb Vince. Oh and idiotic too.

The slippery slope the WWE is on just keeps getting steeper and steeper
Sat 20/11/04 at 21:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Stupid Vince, stupid Creative department.

I can just imagine the meeting right now

Vince - right that concludes the matter of what we want from the new breed of wrestlers, stupid 6'2+ 270+ pound botching monsters who can't actually wrestle but look like they could beat your ass. Agreed?

Everyone - oh yes sir Mr McMahon can't think of anything better sir, you really are the best

Vince - thank you, now next order of business Mohammed Hassan, where can we take his character now?

Member of creative team - make him a heel Vince?

Vince - great!! Now what can we do in his next promo that will make the fans all have to switch on and see what he has to say

Member of creative team - I know!! Let's get him to call your biggest market a bunch of racists, why wouldn't they want to switch onto that?

Vince - Great idea!!! Who doesn't want to be insulted and called a racist? Start filming it now, go on!!.

Once more - Stupid, Stupid, STUPID Vince. Can you imagine Bill Gates or Richard Branson calling the Americans or British a country of racists? There's some lines you don't cross and this is one of them, but then we are dealing with the same guy who thought people wanted to watch necrophilia so why i'm shocked i have no idea.
Tue 09/11/04 at 13:01
Regular
"..."
Very_Metal wrote:
> praise allah..
>
> that's no different to a face saying he wanted to "thank god for
> the opportunity" or whatever.
>
> obviously the gimmick is going to be a delicate one, but i think some
> people are reading too much into this...

Hmm, it's all too obvious where Vince is going with this, the 'honest' arab part is obviously as sincere as Kenzo suddenly declaring his love for America. Designed to get cheap heat without Vince getting in trouble.
Sat 06/11/04 at 23:31
Regular
"you've got a beard"
praise allah..

that's no different to a face saying he wanted to "thank god for the opportunity" or whatever.

obviously the gimmick is going to be a delicate one, but i think some people are reading too much into this...
Sat 06/11/04 at 14:41
Regular
"I like cheese"
Hmmm, I thought the promo was fine up until...

"Praise...Allah!"

At first the character seemed interesting, how would an honest Arab wrestler get over with our fans? But, those final two words I'm afraid are too similar to, for example, what Bin Laden said in his recent video! And I know all people of that faith say that sort of thing often, but I think THAT is the part which makes the character out of taste, as they are going to make a heel out of a religion and will therefore increase hatred of that particular religion (I know it's only fake, but stupid people watch wrestling too.)

Then again, I s'pose they've done it with the French, the Canadians and Christianity to an extent...so I guess we'll see.
Sat 06/11/04 at 10:02
Regular
"wwe"
Vince is a genius! he's created a top heel!!! i agree WWE isnt at the top of its game! WWE's best era was 98-99, but i think its about time the roster re-unites, after a smackdown vs Raw feud!
Fri 05/11/04 at 22:56
Regular
I didn't see it but he made an angle on 9/11? My god...what the hell has happened to the WWE?
Fri 05/11/04 at 20:09
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Hopefully it'll break it's neck soon.
Fri 05/11/04 at 20:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Watching RAW yesterday made me really uncomfortable, not because of the crap wrestling on display once again and realising just how low the WWE has dropped in quality but because of the whole Mohammed Hassan angle (or whatever his name is)

Is Vince totally brain dead? Making a gimmick out of 9/11? Was that the best he could come up with during the creative meeting?

*hmmm ok now what to do with this guy.......hmmm he's an Arab......got it!!! let's make a whole angle about 9/11, that won't be totally in poor taste at all will it? The fans will surely love that and i'll rake in loads of money*

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb Vince. Oh and idiotic too.

The slippery slope the WWE is on just keeps getting steeper and steeper

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.