GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Import or not to import?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/05/01 at 16:02
Regular
Ok so Japan and the U.S of A gets consoles and games before us in the UK.But i can't see why people have to get a PS2, Gameboy Advance etc imported.Yes you can play it before everyone else and you can boast to your mates...BUT doesnt anyone see the fact that importing is pointless?
On the vary rare ocassion when a game has a decent story line(Metal Gear Solid 2) you won't be able to understand a single thing they say. making it impossible to sove puzzles and basicly enjoy the game to its full potential.
Also if you import you can be paying up to three times the amount you would over here just to get in there early,
i mean come on £80 a pop for a PS2 game when you can wait a couple of months and you can get it in full english and and for only £30 or so quid. You make up your own mind but i'd rather wait.
Thu 10/05/01 at 19:30
:: shrugs shoulders ::

ive spent the money now.... so id rather remain ignorant to delight that is cheap imports.
Thu 10/05/01 at 19:01
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
heh, I don't post urls of other sites on the SR boards. My e-mail is [email protected] (same for MSN messenger) if you want it.
Thu 10/05/01 at 18:57
£99 !!!! where did u get that from.
Thu 10/05/01 at 17:08
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
English are annoyingly opposed to learning about other cultures/languages, but it's really not that much of a problem, less so now for learning some kana.

I imported a GBA + F Zero Advance for £99, damn pleased with it too, as that seems about the price people will be paying when it comes out over here. I do import some console games, only really Dreamcast now though, worth it to get Daytona 2001.
Thu 10/05/01 at 16:34
i imported a gba + Mario + F zero for £220. im glad i did for many reasons.

1. I couldnt wait any longer
2. I need it for work (i work for cheatsunlimited.co.uk, im the GB/GBA editor)
3. as egotistic as it sounds, it feels good to have something before everyone else. (childish taunting iminent) so nyah nyah nyah. (lol)

as for the language barrier, i chose games where it doesnt make much difference, and its about time the bloody english started learning different languages. have you noticed that when you go abroad all the locals have a basic understanding of english, but do any of us make an effort to learn their language.... do we heck.
Thu 10/05/01 at 16:02
Regular
Ok so Japan and the U.S of A gets consoles and games before us in the UK.But i can't see why people have to get a PS2, Gameboy Advance etc imported.Yes you can play it before everyone else and you can boast to your mates...BUT doesnt anyone see the fact that importing is pointless?
On the vary rare ocassion when a game has a decent story line(Metal Gear Solid 2) you won't be able to understand a single thing they say. making it impossible to sove puzzles and basicly enjoy the game to its full potential.
Also if you import you can be paying up to three times the amount you would over here just to get in there early,
i mean come on £80 a pop for a PS2 game when you can wait a couple of months and you can get it in full english and and for only £30 or so quid. You make up your own mind but i'd rather wait.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.