GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"High-speed car chase"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/11/04 at 15:43
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Yup, I was in one last night. I wasn’t the driver and it was on duty, unlike Ortega.

We had a report from another force of some very seriously naughty people doing naughty stuff at about 3am. This has been going on for a little while and involves a certain type of premises, so we have a slight action-plan as to what to do. My colleague and myself went and sat up in a village that they were seen heading towards. We sat in someone’s driveway in the village so we could see the premises and the main road going through the village. My last words to my colleague before it all started were, “don’t fly off this driveway because it’s like a ramp and I don’t want to end up in that wall over there, but don’t stall it, because that would just be embarrassing.”

So, we’re sat there with our windows open so we can hear anything coming when suddenly we do. Two cars fitting the description went past doing about 60mph in the 30mph zone and so we started to go after them.

My colleague turned the engine back on having stalled it and THEN we started to go after them.

Once we had caught up to them doing 70mph out of the village the front car obviously saw us because it put its hazards on and then off they both went. So, blue lights going we followed. The cars we were trying to keep up with were big beefy sports cars and we were in a 1.4 Astra. On the bending 60mph roads we kept up, but as soon as we hit the straights they were flying ahead.

Anyway, to cut what could be a long story shorter, traffic got involved as did every officer around, but they lost us. They were insane. Going down these roads at that speed in the pitch dark and they kept turning their lights off to make it harder for us to see them. The only reason they would have stopped is if they had crashed.
Sat 06/11/04 at 15:42
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
or†ega wrote:
> heh, 1.4 astra.

It's good for 110mph
Sat 06/11/04 at 12:03
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I hate the way some people drive- Especially when morons come close to running you over in a 30 Mph zone when they're hedging on 60 or 70 and then have the cheek to ask what the f*** you're on. Not what you're on mate, as I'm not driving without due care and attention, doped up on some cheap painkillers with distorted "music" coming from a knackered old Peugeot.

The moral of the story? Be careful crossing roads in Littlehampton.
Sat 06/11/04 at 10:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
If you knew they were coming, why not just deploy those spike-trap things? You remind me of Dick Dastardly.
Sat 06/11/04 at 00:17
Regular
1.4 Astra?

Something to take up with the union I think.

Is the police force covered by the PCS union that called for a Civil Service strike today?
Sat 06/11/04 at 00:11
"I love yo... lamp."
Why didn't they give you something decent if you were likely to get in a high speed chase? I mean, if I was going to get chased by a police Astra I would be polite and stay in third gear.
Sat 06/11/04 at 00:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Cool

Do you have one of those cameras on the front that measures the speed?
Fri 05/11/04 at 23:56
Regular
"Just because you're on minimum wage, doesn't mean you don't have maximum courage"
Fri 05/11/04 at 23:38
Regular
heh, 1.4 astra.

No speeding for me today. done steady 60 on the motorway as i'm low on fuel and dont get paid till thursday :O
Fri 05/11/04 at 16:48
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> They tried the highway, they tried the freeway, but this time, they
> got away.

THEY MIGHT NOT BE SO LUCKY NEXT TIME, BECAUSE THE ARM OF THE LAW HAS A LONG REACH.
Fri 05/11/04 at 16:45
Regular
bet you were pisssed off you weren't driving! you could hear Sheriff john Bunnell's voice in your head, and that special guest appearance on Worlds wild police chase 19 coming your way!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.