GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yamada"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/11/04 at 13:45
Regular
"jpc"
The paragraph below comes from the Yamada write up on their Yamada 6600 DVD player, which I have bought. Could someone explain what exactly is meant by an analohue 5.1.Speaker system. I know the 5 speakers and the subwoofer bit, it is the connections that are confusing. At the moment I have connected the left and right audio from the DVD to my amp and then from the amp out to the speakers (5)no sub woofer yet. Does it mean you can connect the speakers directly to the DVD player, without going through an amp. What about the digital decoder, is this a better way to decode the signals and then send to your speakers ?????

"to enable you to directly connect an analogue 5.1 speaker system, or for the audiophiles out there, there's an optical out for connecting an external digital decoder."

Last but not least where is the best place to download movies.

Cheers WH
Fri 05/11/04 at 14:38
Regular
"SOUP!"
First of all you're best not talking about the illegal download of movies here, it's something that's not exactly looked upon in great favour. I'd get in trouble for linking you to an illegal website, so I'll show you something I found in google: [URL]http://www.downloadshield.com/index1.html?hop=jhacking[/URL]

As for your audio woes, I persoanlly have my speakers linked through my subwoofer, which digitally encodes the signals, but if you've got a seperate channelly tweaker thing then I'd use that, but dont use it for your sub because a woofer isn't worth tweaking.

G'luck.

Oh and if you're still stuck get in touch with the manufacturers.
Fri 05/11/04 at 13:45
Regular
"jpc"
The paragraph below comes from the Yamada write up on their Yamada 6600 DVD player, which I have bought. Could someone explain what exactly is meant by an analohue 5.1.Speaker system. I know the 5 speakers and the subwoofer bit, it is the connections that are confusing. At the moment I have connected the left and right audio from the DVD to my amp and then from the amp out to the speakers (5)no sub woofer yet. Does it mean you can connect the speakers directly to the DVD player, without going through an amp. What about the digital decoder, is this a better way to decode the signals and then send to your speakers ?????

"to enable you to directly connect an analogue 5.1 speaker system, or for the audiophiles out there, there's an optical out for connecting an external digital decoder."

Last but not least where is the best place to download movies.

Cheers WH

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.