GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"router question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/11/04 at 16:48
Regular
ive posted a similar question in the x-box forum but i thought i would ask here just incase the tech's in this forum r more inteligent (lol)
i have an ntl broadband connection and want 2 connect my x-box up to the same connection ntl say the can sort this 4 me but it will cost me and extra charge each month (about £5 a month not much i know)but ive read in some forums u can just buy a router and set it up yourself but i wouldnt know where to star so if any of u could help me in anyway i would be very grateful
Thu 04/11/04 at 16:48
Regular
ive posted a similar question in the x-box forum but i thought i would ask here just incase the tech's in this forum r more inteligent (lol)
i have an ntl broadband connection and want 2 connect my x-box up to the same connection ntl say the can sort this 4 me but it will cost me and extra charge each month (about £5 a month not much i know)but ive read in some forums u can just buy a router and set it up yourself but i wouldnt know where to star so if any of u could help me in anyway i would be very grateful
Thu 04/11/04 at 17:05
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
JACKALMAN wrote:
> ive posted a similar question in the x-box forum but i thought i would
> ask here just incase the tech's in this forum r more inteligent
> (lol)
> i have an ntl broadband connection and want 2 connect my x-box up to
> the same connection ntl say the can sort this 4 me but it will cost
> me and extra charge each month (about £5 a month not much i
> know)but ive read in some forums u can just buy a router and set it
> up yourself but i wouldnt know where to star so if any of u could
> help me in anyway i would be very grateful

Rough guess...

Tis all about Mac Addresses. Your NTL modem has 1, and they're trying to sell you a second for you XBOX. By using a router, you plug the lot in and only have a single MAC address (the original one) and NTL are one the wiser to what your doing.

FWIW, discovered something cool with NTL the otehr day. If you ever unfortunate to get disconnected for non bill paying, just borrow a friend modem and suddenly you back online!!! The joys of Mac Addresses!;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.