GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So I've got a landline re-connected...."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/11/04 at 21:21
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
....in preperation for 1mb broadband.

What the bloody hell's happened to the net??!?! I've only been off for a year or so, and I install a crappy 56k modem, grab a free provider, reconnect and get bombarded, utterly bombarded with spyware and popups. Damn, if it were like this when I was a young'un those two tears (typo, years but tears nonetheless) ago I'd have never come back!

Grumble, grumble. moan.............
Sun 07/11/04 at 10:52
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yay!
Sun 07/11/04 at 10:21
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Tyla wrote:
> Tomorrow sees the official release of Firefox 1.0.

Looks to be released on Tuesday now ([URL]http://www.mozilla.org/[/URL]).
Sat 06/11/04 at 13:01
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Tyla wrote:
> Ad-aware PE is awefull, and some rumors suggest it contains it's own
> spyware!!

Can't say I've had a problem with either program, PE being a lot better than its predecessor in my view. Where did you hear these rumours?

And the program you mentioned, is that a scanner or a monitor (or both) type of software?
Thu 04/11/04 at 15:03
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Tyla wrote:
> cjh wrote:
> If you're not using it already, go for Firefox 1.0PR
> ([URL]http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/[/URL]) rather than
> Internet Explorer

I'll be downloading Firefox as soon as the official version is released. I've been using it heavily during web design, and it's a great browser. Just got Thunderbird installed too.

I *hate* S&D with a passion. Wasn't aware about the possible ad-aware issues, and will be downloading PrevX now.

Cheers.

[Edit] And I love the cute little firefox graphic. ;)
Thu 04/11/04 at 15:02
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Pandaemonium wrote:
> I've just spend nearly a grand getting a beast of a pc for half life 2. Macs are for posers and
> people who just want to different. Nah, I know they're a far better machine, but pc work
> is what I do, I'd be shooting myself in the foot swapping to Mac. :D

I was only kidding, anyway, and PCs will always be further ahead than Macs when it comes to gaming.
Thu 04/11/04 at 14:55
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
cjh wrote:
> If you're not using it already, go for Firefox 1.0PR
> ([URL]http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/[/URL]) rather than
> Internet Explorer

***NEWS NEWS NEWS***

Tomorrow sees the official release of Firefox 1.0. Firefox is finally here as a fully, bonefide browser after 3 years of development, and going by the latest stats, it's going to blow the water out from beneath Micro$hite is a spectacular fashion.

Ignore all those SB S&D links and links to Adaware, the only essential piece of anti malware/spyware you need is PrevX Home edition ([URL]https://www.prevx.com/[/URL]). Been using it now for a year and nothing has managed to slip past (in conjunction with a router)

Adaware PE is awefull, and some rumors suggest it contains it's own spyware!! S&D is OK, but intrusive and even using the two combined, they still miss things
Thu 04/11/04 at 13:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Afternoon wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
> ....in preperation for 1mb broadband.
> I hope thats Freeola 1mb *WINK* (OK cheap plug)

Drop the charge for activation, Modem and give it to me for 29.99 a month and yes, certainly. ;) ;) ;) ;)

I'll be capped at 30gb (on what I'm going for). I ain't suprnovaing so I'll be ok with that I think.
Thu 04/11/04 at 13:23
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> ....in preperation for 1mb broadband.
I hope thats Freeola 1mb *WINK* (OK cheap plug)
Thu 04/11/04 at 08:36
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Timmargh wrote:
> Or buy a Mac.

I've just spend nearly a grand getting a beast of a pc for half life 2. Macs are for posers and people who just want to different.
Nah, I know they're a far better machine, but pc work is what I do, I'd be shooting myself in the foot swapping to Mac. :D
Thu 04/11/04 at 08:34
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
cjh wrote:
> Loads of advice.

Yup. Know of all this. It's a bit difficult to download all the packages on a naff 56k modem though. ;) ;) ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.