GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My First Great XBox Live Experience..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/12/04 at 16:05
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Went something like so...

Game Mode: Team Slayer

So we started out and it appeared my team were poo. I checked to see if they were still there, and apparently 2 had quit! In a 4 v 4 Slayer!

Anyway it got to about 10-5 to the other team and then, incredibly, my other teammate left! I thought to myself, 'well I'll look (and possible be) amazing if I win now'.

I found a Sniper Rifle and went to work. As the other team still had all their players, there were plenty of chances to snipe, whether they were in Ghosts or buildings or whatever.

Then, I ran out of sniper ammo. I decided to try and get closer and hope that they would attack me one by one. They did! I moved through the main building (on Zanzibar) shooting and grenading and hitting and whatever. I died a couple of times, but not enough to let their score get too far ahead of mine.

I heard the announcer say "30 seconds remaining" and I was one kill behind. I decided to just go for it. I headed for the gate into the building and someone came out. Duel-wielding my SMG and my Plasma Rifle, he went down, but my shield was badly damaged. "10 seconds remaining", I heard from the announcer. 'A draw!' I thought. But then two more came out from the gate...

I hurled a grenade between the two of them, and dual wielded them down, just before my Plasma Rifle overheated.

The fourth player blew me up just after the "Game Over" announcement.

Final Score: 23-21 to us (me). Yus!
Sat 01/01/05 at 09:20
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Mode wrote:
> http://bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?
> gameID=42377236&player=Salted%20Sadness
>
> Tis True.

Cheers Mode.

Fiction, hey? What was Biggles thinking?
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:54
"I love yo... lamp."
I once hijacked a Banshee on Ascension, had the previous occupant hijack it back because I never boosted away fast enough and then, just as I started plummeting to my death, I managed to hijack it back again. Three hijacks in ten seconds. Oh yes.
Fri 31/12/04 at 19:40
Regular
http://bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx? gameID=42377236&player=Salted%20Sadness

Tis True.

(Remove Spaces)

I stood on a pillar in the base on Zanzibar throwing sticky grenades and normal grenades at the defending team. The defenders nicked one of our ghosts so I stuck a grenade on it and watched him fly around the room trying to shake it off.
Thanks to proximity talk I could hear the yanks screaming.
Fri 31/12/04 at 18:50
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
I think the best thing I ever did was jump off a cliff lunge at a Banshee and board it sending the previous ocupant (sp?) flying towards death.
Fri 31/12/04 at 18:25
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Fiction?! Fiction, you say?!

I promise you, it happened. I got it all set up this morning and have just been playing Team Slayer all day. I'm getting better.

I'll add you to my friends list Biggles (my gamertag = Salted Sadness) and I will hopefully be able to aid you in your attempts to destroy the Yanks.

Oh, and I just want to say thankyou, because your FAQ and general help with LIVE that you offer is the reason why I just had the best gaming day of my life.

Thankee muchee.
Fri 31/12/04 at 17:13
"I love yo... lamp."
Great fiction.

If it's true, I need you for future use. There are a bunch of nasty Americans that keep beating me.
Fri 31/12/04 at 16:05
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Went something like so...

Game Mode: Team Slayer

So we started out and it appeared my team were poo. I checked to see if they were still there, and apparently 2 had quit! In a 4 v 4 Slayer!

Anyway it got to about 10-5 to the other team and then, incredibly, my other teammate left! I thought to myself, 'well I'll look (and possible be) amazing if I win now'.

I found a Sniper Rifle and went to work. As the other team still had all their players, there were plenty of chances to snipe, whether they were in Ghosts or buildings or whatever.

Then, I ran out of sniper ammo. I decided to try and get closer and hope that they would attack me one by one. They did! I moved through the main building (on Zanzibar) shooting and grenading and hitting and whatever. I died a couple of times, but not enough to let their score get too far ahead of mine.

I heard the announcer say "30 seconds remaining" and I was one kill behind. I decided to just go for it. I headed for the gate into the building and someone came out. Duel-wielding my SMG and my Plasma Rifle, he went down, but my shield was badly damaged. "10 seconds remaining", I heard from the announcer. 'A draw!' I thought. But then two more came out from the gate...

I hurled a grenade between the two of them, and dual wielded them down, just before my Plasma Rifle overheated.

The fourth player blew me up just after the "Game Over" announcement.

Final Score: 23-21 to us (me). Yus!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.