GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OPS2 DEMO."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/12/04 at 19:32
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I don't normaly buy OPS2, but I had to buy it this month; it has a playable demo of Merenaries. This is going to be my favourite game of 2005, unless Rockstar surprise us with another GTA.
Fri 31/12/04 at 19:32
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I don't normaly buy OPS2, but I had to buy it this month; it has a playable demo of Merenaries. This is going to be my favourite game of 2005, unless Rockstar surprise us with another GTA.
Fri 31/12/04 at 20:58
"period drama"
I've never heard of a game called Merenaries

There't this other one called Mercenaries, though. I think we should talk about that instead.
Sat 01/01/05 at 00:32
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
We could do that too, ya Bam.
Sat 01/01/05 at 14:07
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I got the demo too. I am very impressed, I think I like it better than GTA, need to wait until its released before I cast full judgement though.
Sat 01/01/05 at 14:28
"period drama"
There's a demo of Mercenaries as well?
I might have to get that ... the game's been ticking my loins for a while now.
Sat 01/01/05 at 15:18
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I've lost count of how many times I've played through this demo now, and I'm still finding better ways to complete the missions. There'a tonnes of variety, and I found a helicopter yesterday, and then stole a manned tank. Very cool.
Sat 01/01/05 at 15:57
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Lou Role wrote:
> I've lost count of how many times I've played through this demo now,
> and I'm still finding better ways to complete the missions. There'a
> tonnes of variety, and I found a helicopter yesterday, and then stole
> a manned tank. Very cool.

Helicopter's awesome, only problem was I flew it before taking out the SAM sites. Also cool how you steal a tank, sliding alone the cannon, grendae dropped into it.

You ever went for a drive, the opposite way from where your meant to go, you can find guys who assist you. And if you wander too far the helicopter comes after you.
Mon 03/01/05 at 18:02
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
A helicopter i jacked one in da air it was taking of and my character grabbed on then went in the air all i had to do was press triangle, and chuck the pilot out, its a great demo!!!!
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:03
"period drama"
So I bought it ... first PS2 mag I've bought in about a year.
The official mag really is terrible, and £6 with it? I started crying in the middle of the shop, then wept and wept when I attempted to read it.

But ... demos, so meh.

I've only played it about twice, first time just carpet bombed anything I could find, which was nice. Lovely destruction. Then went walkabout, nicked a few cars, and finally got blown to bits after getting smacked in the face with a rocket.

I'll be buying it for sure.
Shows how easy, and how good the FPS-style controls would have been in GTA (to whomever argued against me that it shouldn't be done) although your yellow-wedge head can't swim.
Mon 03/01/05 at 19:15
Regular
"hulagadoo"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
although your yellow-wedge head can't swim.

It has been said that in the full version the characters will be able to swim, just that what weapons they carry will determine how long and if they will in fact be able to.

Then again there are 3 playable characters in the game so perhaps only 2 of them can swim...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.