GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My Weekend"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 31/10/04 at 12:11
Regular
"For One Night Only"
- Find a monologue and have it memorised for pantomime auditions tomorrow.
- Find a song and have it memorised for pantomime auditions tomorrow.
- Complete a make-up report on pantomime dames in for tomorrow.
- Write an evaluation on my recent T.I.E performances in for tomorrow.
- Update rehearsal diary dating back to September to be handed in tomorrow.
Sun 31/10/04 at 15:27
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
What a good way to word count!
Sun 31/10/04 at 15:04
Regular
""
The Hibernator wrote:
> Presenting my T.I.E evaluation. It is now complete.
>
>
>
> T.I.E Evaluation
>
> When we returned to college this September, we dived straight away
> into our first performance project; Theatre in Education, known
> better as T.I.E.

Shouldn't you start off with a joke?
Sun 31/10/04 at 14:51
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Presenting my T.I.E evaluation. It is now complete.

T.I.E Evaluation

When we returned to college this September, we dived straight away into our first performance project; Theatre in Education, known better as T.I.E.
Theatre in Education, as suggested in its name, is an opportunity for BTEC ND Performing Arts students in their second year to showcase their talents to a secondary school audience whilst teaching them about important teenage issues. The issues we educate about are selected each year. This year, the four subjects chosen were prejudice, bullying, teenage problems, and image. So, we were split into four groups.
The groups had been pre-selected, and this meant that we might be working with people we’d rarely worked with. It was a very fair idea, and I was put in the prejudice group. Some of the people I’d worked with quite a few times before, and others I had not. Together we sat down and discussed what our subject meant, and wrote down possible ideas we could use, and possible acting styles. In our own time, we went off to do research. I did a lot of my research on the internet, as did many other people; but it was possible to get information from books, television, and music, even help lines.
After the initial research was complete, it was time to get up and try putting ideas together. I don’t quite know why, but my group really struggled. We had some good ideas, but we just weren’t trying them. In fact, for most of the four weeks that we got to rehearse; all the other groups seemed to have a lot more material than we did. Another thing that made it that extra bit harder was that for several sessions, the people on the dancing pathway were not with us. Prejudice was a group of ten, and we had five dancers. Without them, ideas couldn’t flow as easily.
There were natural leaders in my group, and I was one of them. There were also those that sat there quietly, but helped; and there were those that just didn’t contribute. This lead to disagreements sometimes, and we completely scrapped our whole piece on more than one occasion. Our group wasn’t the only one in trouble though. The image group lost one of their members, as did the teenage problems group. Everybody now, had a clearly different piece to what they had before.
I came up with a few ideas though that went into the final piece. One of them was a little jingle, “Ba da da da da, fight prejudice” sung to the McDonalds theme tune. It was in our fourth and final week of rehearsal that we finally had a decent result. We may have got there slower than everybody else, but now we had a piece that we were proud of.
For a lot of the rehearsals, we’d shown what we had so far to the rest of the course, the tutors, and even to A-Level students and the first year Performing Arts students. Now, it was time to take it to a school audience. I’ll admit that for some of the rehearsals, I wasn’t giving it as much enthusiasm as I could have done. Very few people did, if I’m honest. In our very first week, I fractured my right wrist. But I always came in on time, and ready to share ideas. Some people had the odd time off, and one member was ill all week, so we had to fill him in on all that he had missed.
But now it was more serious. We had two weeks of shows ahead of us in schools ranging from Radcliffe to Ramsbottom. This time, I gave my personal performances their best. Sometimes, I did better than others, but I always gave each one one-hundred percent. I’m afraid, though, that I think some people didn’t give it all that they could. I really enjoyed it though; it was a very rewarding experience. It also proved that schools mustn’t be as strict as they used to be. A few schools gave us grief while we were performing (especially the penultimate one, Parranthorn), but we overcame them. Sometimes we performed on top-notch stages, other times in sports halls. Twice, we had our min-buses’ fuel cut off by cocky school kids.
I would definitely do it all over again. Being on tour was a totally new experience for all of us. I had proved my leadership skills; I had listened to what others had to say; I had been supportive to those who needed reassurance. I changed some of my lines in our last week, because my original ones were not clicking with the audience. So, I think I covered well by slightly reinventing my character. I proved I could work well with anybody, as well; and I certainly wouldn’t trade that ability in a hurry.

The Hibernator (You ain't finding out my real name).
Sun 31/10/04 at 14:33
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> All that to be a singing Donkeys ass in a pantomime?

Do not mock! This young man is a clasically trained thespian!

Sun 31/10/04 at 14:28
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> WOW! That's a lot of work. I hope you get the lead.

Cheers.
Sun 31/10/04 at 14:13
Regular
All that to be a singing Donkeys ass in a pantomime?
Sun 31/10/04 at 14:04
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Make-up assignment nearing completion.
Sun 31/10/04 at 12:23
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Kinda.

Oh well, atleast I get to go to Pendle Hill, tonight.
Sun 31/10/04 at 12:19
Regular
"0228"
Sounds fun
Sun 31/10/04 at 12:11
Regular
"For One Night Only"
- Find a monologue and have it memorised for pantomime auditions tomorrow.
- Find a song and have it memorised for pantomime auditions tomorrow.
- Complete a make-up report on pantomime dames in for tomorrow.
- Write an evaluation on my recent T.I.E performances in for tomorrow.
- Update rehearsal diary dating back to September to be handed in tomorrow.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.