GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony has a go at Microsoft for 'getting there first'"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/11/06 at 13:06
"possibly impossible"
Sony is angry. Microsoft originally promised to play nicely and not use their online service for downloading movies and TV shows. But on its 1st US birthday it launches a whole host of downloadable entertainment including South Park, CSI and a load of movies.

So Sony, being Sony, bite back. Dave Karraker snarls "PlayStation 3's content is designed for everyone to enjoy right out of the box, no matter which configuration you purchase...We would never shut anyone out of the entertainment experience because they didn't have the money to buy the top of the line system..."

Sour grapes? Not that Sony would ever use a cut down version of anyone else's ideas in their system of course...

That Bill Gates bloke decides to hit back by saying "You know, Sony can make 80,000 bricks, and people would buy them." So, not a great one for an insult, methinks...
Thu 23/11/06 at 13:06
"possibly impossible"
Sony is angry. Microsoft originally promised to play nicely and not use their online service for downloading movies and TV shows. But on its 1st US birthday it launches a whole host of downloadable entertainment including South Park, CSI and a load of movies.

So Sony, being Sony, bite back. Dave Karraker snarls "PlayStation 3's content is designed for everyone to enjoy right out of the box, no matter which configuration you purchase...We would never shut anyone out of the entertainment experience because they didn't have the money to buy the top of the line system..."

Sour grapes? Not that Sony would ever use a cut down version of anyone else's ideas in their system of course...

That Bill Gates bloke decides to hit back by saying "You know, Sony can make 80,000 bricks, and people would buy them." So, not a great one for an insult, methinks...
Thu 23/11/06 at 13:25
Regular
Wasn't that Sony's big point about the PS2 - they got their first.

They should have thought of these issues before deciding to include Blu-Ray...

...then again, PS3 is just a big Blu-Ray advert anyway...
Thu 23/11/06 at 13:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
pb wrote:
> That Bill Gates bloke decides to hit back by saying "You
> know, Sony can make 80,000 bricks, and people would buy
> them." So, not a great one for an insult, methinks...

heh complimenting their marketing department in an insult, damn that hurts Billy boy
Thu 23/11/06 at 15:36
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
"We would never shut anyone out of the entertainment
experience unless they live in Europe."

Fixed - for fans of Sony hard drive add-ons, console launches and global online gaming.
Thu 23/11/06 at 22:56
Regular
"8==="
Eh? Microsoft have been banging on about downloadable 'digital media' for ages of course it was going to include movies and tv shows.
Thu 23/11/06 at 23:44
Regular
I have a question, why all the shortages? Is it all to get people hyped up and creating a bigger demand? The number one toy for Christmas! It's certainly not working for Sony, all I heard is how everything is going wrong.

It's like I'm in a completely different universe. Not long ago you were all Sony fans, the PS2 was the best console out there. Now with the PS3, it's suddenly become the worse console ever, everyone hates it. There's so much bashing, it's like it's not cool to own or even want a Sony console anymore. What went wrong? Is there any hope for the PS3? Maybe if I wait a year and the prices goes down, perhaps, just perhaps maybe it'll be the number one console to own again? I dunno :(
Fri 24/11/06 at 00:13
Regular
"Mooching around"
What went wrong? The internet found out about the Wii...

I could explain further, but I lack the energy.

I'm still a Sony fan boy though :)
Fri 24/11/06 at 08:36
Regular
We weren't all Sony fans...

You're as bad as Dringo for ignorant generalisation.
Fri 24/11/06 at 10:15
Regular
oops better edit that out it is a family forum afterall :D I'll just put him on ignore for now.
Fri 24/11/06 at 10:34
"possibly impossible"
The PS3 will still be big, there are enough fans to see to that. But it won't necessarily be enough to see it beat the other 2 systems. Japan will ne Sony's main territory, but even that is threatened by Nintendo.

It really remains to be seen if the Wii can keep up the momentum without the graphics, ie: a year on, will the Wii Remote be enough?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.