GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Homer Simpson for President (and David Brent confirmed Guest Star)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/10/04 at 17:22
Regular
Sorry I was bored and wanted an excuse to chat about The Simpsons, plus there have been a lot of Simpsons news articles today and the last few days. I would like to think Homer would make a great President for the US of A. I like his campaign platform my favourite being "Children are the future. That's why they must be stopped today."

Also I think I saw an advert for The Simpsons on 4, it had a sponsors logo and it was Pizza Hut. LOL I'm not suprised because as a viewer on Sky you're no doubt aware that it's been sponsored by their rivals Dominos Pizza for many years now. I guess it's Pizza Hut turn now, a good move by them.

As for David Brent, I'm a huge fan of The Office, I wonder how they'll include him in an episode, hopefully it'll be a big role rather than a minute or two on screen.

----

Homer Simpson for US President

The Radio Times did a recent poll to see which US television character readers would like to see as President. Around 2,000 people took part in the survey which decided that rather than having an incompetent in charge of the USA, they would like Homer Simpson to take the role. In second place came West Wing's fictional president, Josiah Bartlett.

The top ten in full:

1 - Homer Simpson (The Simpsons)
2 - Josiah Bartlet (The West Wing)
3 - Dr Frasier Crane (Frasier)
4 - Sgt Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show)
5 - Gil Grissom (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation)
6 - Jack Bauer (24)
7 - Dr Cliff Huxtable (The Cosby Show)
8 - Phoebe Buffay (Friends)
9 - Tony Soprano (The Sopranos)
10 - Roseanne Conner (Roseanne)

----

Homer Simpson's Presidential Manifesto

In response to the recent survey indicating that Homer Simpson would be an ideal choice for president and, in a rare display of network humour, US channel FOX has today released details of his campaign platform.

HOMER SIMPSON FOR PRESIDENT!

Homer Simpson in 2004! Everyman Homer Simpson would be the ideal candidate for President of the United States, it was reported today by local Springfield news anchor Kent Brockman. Simpson detailed his would-be platform after downing several cans of Duff beer at his favorite watering hole, Moe's Tavern. Simpson has yet to name his running mate, but it is rumored to be either Barney, Moe, Lenny or Carl. It is unlikely Homer would choose Krusty the Clown, given Krusty's failed bid for the presidency in 1992. Vowing to make a change, Simpson revealed the following campaign platform:

HOMER SIMPSON'S CAMPAIGN PLATFORM

A friend to one, a friend to all. (Except Flanders.)

There is nothing to fear except fear itself. Oh... and fear of the voices... the constant voices telling me to do things... bad things.

I promise there will be fewer nuclear disasters with me as your President than with me as your nuclear safety inspector.

I will fill the pot holes, help the pot heads and eat the pot pies.

I will put a man on Mars within the decade. That man will be Flanders. And he will not return.

No big government, just big waist sizes.

Children are the future. That's why they must be stopped today.

I will make the trains run on time. On second thought, coal might be better. I will make the trains run on coal.

I will legalize the hunting of sisters-in-law.

Repeal all taxes... make Sweden pay for everything.

----

Gervais' 'Simpsons' appearance confirmed

The Simpsons creator Matt Groening has confirmed that Ricky Gervais will be making a guest appearance on the show.

Groening tells The Sun today, "Everybody on The Simpsons are fans of The Office - it's one of the best shows on TV in the last decade. So we are going to write Ricky into the show."
Mon 01/11/04 at 00:03
Regular
"Bow to me!"
J-42 wrote:
> Family Guy and Futurama are both hilarious. I think it's a little
> stupid to say that they can easily cancel them.

its not stupid to say at all as it actually happened. i love them both too but that doesnt change anything. at least family guy is back on sometime next year though. futurama could come back if theres big enough support for it but they have probably tied themselves in too much as fry and leila seem to love each other and thats what all the series' were kind of building up to
Sun 31/10/04 at 17:44
Regular
J-42 wrote:

It's not stupid if Fox cancelled them anyway is it? I love them both I'm having a go at Fox not the shows.

Edit : Atleast Family Guy is back now
Sun 31/10/04 at 16:16
"cheerios"
J-42 wrote:

To be fair (don't get me wrong, I'm a HUUUGE fan of Family Guy), Family Guy crossed the "politically correct line" just so many times, and it ended up with classing people into two different sectors, those who don't like it, and those who love it. At least they're making a new series! :D
Sun 31/10/04 at 14:36
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Nausicaä wrote:
>> Fox can easily cancel Futurama and Family Guy but when it comes to
> The Simpsons they're not in a rush because the show has earnt Fox
> $1,000,000,000 so far. So dont be suprised if they do keep running it
> for another 5 years like Matt Groening wants.

Family Guy and Futurama are both hilarious. I think it's a little stupid to say that they can easily cancel them.
Sun 31/10/04 at 13:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Not really a surprise they prefer the English originals most of the time, another example being Red Dwarf, god the American version was HORRIBLE
Sun 31/10/04 at 10:38
Regular
It's a nice surprise that the Americans loved the original, British version of The Office, but hated their own American adaptation.

Gervais has become a pretty big celebrity over there.
Sun 31/10/04 at 04:11
Regular
Well that's Fox for you :)
Sun 31/10/04 at 03:56
Regular
There is absolutely nothing funny in that statement from Fox.
Sun 31/10/04 at 03:01
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Hmmm, another Brit star turning yellow. Excellent.
Sat 30/10/04 at 18:13
Regular
Just read in the 'telly book' that that all the actors for The Simpsons have clauses in their contract that hold them to make 3 Simpsons Movies. The first one is currently in production. I thought they werent going to do a movie until the series ended.

Fox can easily cancel Futurama and Family Guy but when it comes to The Simpsons they're not in a rush because the show has earnt Fox $1,000,000,000 so far. So dont be suprised if they do keep running it for another 5 years like Matt Groening wants.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.